We saw A Lot of Birds Yesterday

Please take this in the spirit it is intended. You layed your gun on the ground with trigger and safety where if your dog stepped on it would fire. I learned this the hard way and it makes me very nervous every time I see it. I about blew my champion dogs legs off doing the same thing. Luckily the barrel was in between his legs. If you need to lay it down and I still do on occasion, turn it over where if they do step on it that it cant be engaged. Again not trying to be a dick just trying to save you and your wonderful dog. Great video otherwise. Truly.

Wow. Awesome hunt. Love the lab. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for watching. We have a bit of work to do in the off season. She is chasing running birds. I need to ensure she is aware of my position. I am old and slow, and I don't want to run.

Please take this in the spirit it is intended. You layed your gun on the ground with trigger and safety where if your dog stepped on it would fire. I learned this the hard way and it makes me very nervous every time I see it. I about blew my champion dogs legs off doing the same thing. Luckily the barrel was in between his legs. If you need to lay it down and I still do on occasion, turn it over where if they do step on it that it cant be engaged. Again not trying to be a dick just trying to save you and your wonderful dog. Great video otherwise. Truly.

I appreciate the advice. I am not offended. If the gun is unloaded, I just lay it down. If the gun has a round or two available, I need to just empty it. If you see me move the gun, it is because I am thinking of the potential issue. I just need to empty the gun. I appreciate the advice. Thanks for watching.

That first flush was great to see all those birds.
I really enjoyed the slow motion video of the roosters flushing. We have used a gopro a few times and when watching our pheasant videos the flush and shot all happen so fast. Will have to see if I can figure out how to use the slow mo feature.

That first flush was great to see all those birds.
I really enjoyed the slow motion video of the roosters flushing. We have used a gopro a few times and when watching our pheasant videos the flush and shot all happen so fast. Will have to see if I can figure out how to use the slow mo feature.

Thanks for watching. I had a feeling we were going to see a lot of birds. Echo was hot from the moment we entered the field. Some were running, others we surprised. Even though I felt calm, and I selected the right rooster, I was behind him on the first two shots. The last shot knocked him down, but must not have been fatal. Use Microsoft Movie Maker to edit your videos. There is an easy to use slow motion feature. Slow motion makes pheasant hunting look easy. We know it is not.

“Echo was hot from the moment we entered the field. Some were running, others we surprised. Even though I felt calm, and I selected the right rooster, I was behind him on the first two shots.”

looks like you are “canting” your shotgun to the left. try to consciously pull the bottom of the forearm to the left to straighten it out. just a simple observation. thanks for the videos.

“Echo was hot from the moment we entered the field. Some were running, others we surprised. Even though I felt calm, and I selected the right rooster, I was behind him on the first two shots.”

looks like you are “canting” your shotgun to the left. try to consciously pull the bottom of the forearm to the left to straighten it out. just a simple observation. thanks for the videos.

Thank you for the insight. Had to look up "canting". Canting the barrels is considered a fault because it’s usually the result of an incorrect stance or gun mount causing the muzzles to come off the line of the bird, usually resulting in a miss.

Just like golf, when trouble arises, it is time to consult a professional. That will happen.

Back