USDA Crop harvest reports

yes sir late season will be great id guess??? hope all the young birds i seen do well with the cold weather & get some fat & color to them by cattail freeze up!!!

Looks like the harvest is coming along nicely.

As of October 27th:

Corn harvested = 48%

Beans harvested = 91%

Wonder if the snow has put the brakes on the harvest.

As of last Monday.

Corn = 73% harvested
Beans = 96%

I'm surprised at the amount of corn still out there, though I think part of it involves some of the sporadic rain this fall. It seemed just as there was enough dry weather to harvest, we'd get just enough rain to put the brakes on it, and they weren't able to take everything out.
Then they'd be waiting for that remainder of the field to dry, start to take it out, and it would rain again.

Talked to a guy I work with that farms a little as well. He's waiting on his he said its still not dry enough.

I saw on the local news today that in Minnesota soybeans are over 98% harvested and corn is over 55% harvested.

Yeah 58% to be exact for corn as of the October 18th report. With all the dry weather we've had the last several weeks farmers have been really gettin after it. If this weather holds, I'd say by the end of October or early Nov, most if not all of the corn will be out.

Last edited:
It's amazing when fall weather cooperates for the harvest. For instance last year at this time only 37% of the corn was reported as harvested. As of Oct. 25th of this year 81%. Hopefully this should make for a little easier time locating birds.

I know some guys like a late harvest which potentially could mean better late season hunting, but then again you have to contend with old man winter.

have a friend that lives SW of alexandria, he said they'll be lucky to have the crops out in time for deer opener with all of the recent rains;
USDA used to make a nice map of harvested crops by county a few years ago

Judging by last year at this time it looks like a week or so behind. Prior to recent heavy rains the corn harvest was just getting started. This time last year USDA reports 8% corn harvested for grain.

Things are really advancing slowly. USDA reports 14% corn harvested for grain as of today as apposed to last year this time 52%.

Back