Upland ecollar

LC Smith

Open to suggestions for a new ecollar for my lab. GPS would be nice , but not a requirement.

David0311

Open to suggestions for a new ecollar for my lab. GPS would be nice , but not a requirement.

Tried the GPS collar one season with my Labs—not worth it in my opinion—
I use both Gramin and Dog-tra
Garmin mainly for training—prefer dogtra for actual hunting
Like vibrate warning over tone
Don’t mess with other brands—JMO

David0311

Meant to say I don’t mess with other brands-other opinions may vary and be valid for them

Meant to say I don’t mess with other brands-other opinions may vary and be valid for them

Garmin 550 pro +, if you hunt tall grass. I really like it. I hunt close with my wirehair but some of the CRP cover is tall enough to lose him.

Garmin 550 pro +, if you hunt tall grass. I really like it. I hunt close with my wirehair but some of the CRP cover is tall enough to lose him.

Just went with this in the last few months and am very pleased with it. I run springers so similar to land as far as ranging distance but figured they were worth the extra security of having the GPS Incase they ever got lost.

This x2
However I've enjoyed playing with the GPS collar. I don't find them necessary but its interesting to see the data logs and I can imagine situations when they could be of more value.

I use a Pro 550 for training and a 3500 super X 2-dog for hunting. The GPS is a Garmin 2-dog but i don't know the model (gift).

I used a garmin with my lab and even with the long prongs it wasnt effective. I switched to a dogtra 2100 and it was the best decision I ever made.

This year I got a garmin pro 550 +. No way I could go back to not having gps. Everywhere I hunt I’m gonna lose sight of my dog and she doesn’t even hunt far out. With a quick glance I have her location. I didn’t think it would be that big of a deal honestly.

Back