To Potential Forum Members

webguy

UPH Owner/Founder
Staff member
To new and potential forum members, if you are just a casual browser, I encourage you to get registered on the forum board, introduce yourself and get involved in some of the discussions.

Hunting With Forum Members:
By joining our forum, you may even find yourself hunting with a few of our members or meeting up with a few of the guys at the next pheasant fest. Years ago when I was part of a different website, we were at a Denver Sport Show and met up with a few of our Colorado members. You will find there are good guys on this forum board and they will help you if you are not totally educated on pheasant hunting, need help, have questions, or just want to meet up and hunt. Be sure to check out our "Hunting Group Builder" section and you can post if you are looking to join up with some other hunters.

More Help or Questions:
If you need more help, fill out our contact form at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for joining,

Ryan (Webguy)

Last edited:
Introduction

Iam from missouri and have been hunting quail and pheasant for over 30 years. Have been hunting in Kansas since 1985 and in Oklahoma since 2007. I have two fair english pointers and wouldnt hunt without hunting with dogs.

I'm a new guy looking for people who might familiar with charles mix county in south dakota. I have a group of 5 who just lost our weekly rental in aurora center just north east of platte. I have stayed in motels before but a house is much better. If somebody knows where we can rent a small house for the week as long as our dogs can come it too please let me know.

I'm a new guy looking for people who might familiar with charles mix county in south dakota. I have a group of 5 who just lost our weekly rental in aurora center just north east of platte. I have stayed in motels before but a house is much better. If somebody knows where we can rent a small house for the week as long as our dogs can come it too please let me know.

PM UGuide. He's got something lined up in that area for folks to rent and hunt.:cheers:

Back at it.

Hey guys! I recently moved to Oklahoma from Louisiana, where we lived in New Orleans for the last five years. Being back in the country I had to have a bird dog again. Growing up in SW Louisiana we raised Brittanys, English Setters and Pointers. We trialed some back then, my father was really big into shoot-to-retrieve with his setters. Being here in NE OK, I'm really excited because of the beauty and potential of the land up here. Also, I'm within a couple of hours of pheasant country, which we don't have down south. Proud poppa of 4 strapping boys and a 5 month old solid black female GSP.

Bird Guy from Alberta

To new and potential forum members, if you are just a casual browser, I encourage you to get registered on the forum board, introduce yourself and get involved in some of the discussions.

By joining our forum, you may even find yourself hunting with a few of our members or meeting up with a few of the guys at the next pheasant fest. Years ago when I was part of a different website, we were at a Denver Sport Show and met up with a few of our Colorado members. You will find there are good guys on this forum board and they will help you if you are not totally educated on pheasant hunting, need help, have questions, or just want to meet up and hunt. Be sure to check out our "Hunting Group Builder" section and you can post if you are looking to join up with some other hunters.

Forum Registration Instructions:
http://www.ultimatepheasanthunting.com/user/register/

More Help or Questions:
If you need more help, fill out our contact form and we will be happy to help you: http://www.ultimatepheasanthunting.com/contact/

Thanks for joining,

Ryan (Webguy)

I don't know if I have got this right. If not I will figure it out eventually when this shows up in the wrong spot.

I am a 67 year old retiree that has been bird hunting since I was 10 years old. I started with waterfowl with my Dad. I was sure I was slaying my limit and my Dad was a poor shot but looking back I am sure that single shot .410 was just making noise. I then graduated to road hunting grouse with a 20 ga. my grandparents helped me buy. I took a few years off while I went to university but couldn't stay away. The next stage for me was once I got married, my wife and I bred, showed, field trialed and hunted Brittany Spaniels. I now just train and hunt the small pack I have left. I should mention I just moved to Alberta from British Columbia and am flailing about learning the ropes.

Hey There, Bird beast

Welcome. You life experiences can probably help us all--well, the ones relating to upland bird hunting anyway.

We like stories, trips, pictures, lessons learned, and new adventures.

The season is nearly upon us, so the Forum activity will probably pick up.

Enjoy yourself.

Last edited:
Jimmy,
When you go to Kansas do you hunt WIHA or do you hunt Private? My parents and I are starting to get into pheasant hunting and we don't really know where to start. Any advice is appreciated.

Hi! I'm 68 live in SC. Started back hunting about 15 yrs. ago when I decided I was going to do something beside work al the time. I bought a beautiful yellow lab and we hunted doves ,ducks (woodies) and resident geese. No quail here anymore .One of her pups died last week,10 1/2. Leaves me with her brother and a great 21 month old French Brittany. When to Ks. last yr. she did fantastic for a 1yr old. First trip for upland. Diagnosed with pancreatic cancer this spring. Prognosis is good, already did the chemo. The Whipple is next I think. Planning a trip in the fall and I'll be asking some questions about the places I plan to visit. Thanks

are member to member private messages possible? can't find a way to do it. thanks.

More Help or Questions:
If you need more help, fill out our contact form at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for joining,

Ryan (Webguy)
I'm just trying to figure out how to navigate this media. Like start a new post, find specific topics to talk about that may have already been discussed. Get a grasp on the size of this group membership wise - how diverse etc. I don't Twitter, Face book or any social media. This is an area of interest to me for I have been an avid hunter since early to mid 1960's and seek like minded individuals. Very much a Newby to this group.

Back