Time to shake off the rust?

Tilkut

Still hot, but I find myself perusing upland websites, and wondering what I need to pick up for bird hunting. I promised myself this year I will do a little more traveling to find some new areas for wild pheasants. Plan to try a few areas over toward Madison, and meet up with a friend in Dodge County. Bought a new
SXS for a graduation present for my youngest son, and I am really looking forward to being with him when he tries it out at Thanksgiving. Also looking to do a few trips to Eagle river area for late season grouse. How about you?

Put in a lot of time scouting for wild birds around my area (half hour north of madison) found one decent private spot was told their was a chance i could hunt it. (fingers crossed) Have one trip planned up to Park Falls to find my dog and I's first grouse. Good luck to you keep updated i enjoy hearing the local bird news.

I need to be more motivated this year. Too often I get in to the public hunting area rut. I usually shoot birds, but I want some new horizons.

Bear hunting in Minnesota,grouse in Minnesota and/or Wisconsin.

Than 6 weeks or 2 months in Montana for pheasants,Huns,and grouse.

Than back to Wisconsin to finish out the hunting season.

I'm basically homeless with a non real job though.

Bear hunting in Minnesota,grouse in Minnesota and/or Wisconsin.

Than 6 weeks or 2 months in Montana for pheasants,Huns,and grouse.

Than back to Wisconsin to finish out the hunting season.

I'm basically homeless with a non real job though.

Six weeks in MT!? I hope you find some steady work but until then enjoy living the dream!

My job will be here when I get back.

10-4, I must have misinterpreted your post. Enjoy yourself out there, beautiful country to hunt. You and the pups will have a blast.:cheers:

My life is setup to allow me to hunt all fall and has been for several year. I'm just making the leap this year and spending it in good bird country.

For this year I want to hunt Jefferson County more this year. I also will be buying a new pair of boots. My only problem is i can only hunt weekends this year but nit the end of the world.

Remtech

Just bought a pair of havocs. Not sure if I like them or not. Most of my hunting is done in Jefferson county. Mostly planted birds. I mat actually go a little further west to look for wild birds.

If any1 wants to come my way and attempt to find wild birds there's a few wpa that ik have wild birds it's just a matter of how many miles you want to walk to see one lol

I'm game. Years ago I turkey hunted out that way for a couple years. The WPA had. Pond in the middle and a wooded hillside. I think we shot a make the second year. Anyway, I wanted to go back for pheasant, but could never figure out where it was.

If any1 wants to come my way and attempt to find wild birds there's a few wpa that ik have wild birds it's just a matter of how many miles you want to walk to see one lol

I live just north of Madison. Let me know if you ever want to get out and see what we can't find. I don't do much pheasant hunting as I go up north as much as possible for grouse and focus on woodcock back here. Change of pace might be nice.

Back