The West

Public Lands

Some items you think are in the rear view mirror seem to comeback and revisit us again! I think it would be a mistake, in retrospect I think it was a mistake to transfer a lot of U.S. property to private hands. This was also a hot agenda in Nevada primary, where the state is advocating return of federal lands to the state. See Texas, 250.00 to hunt quail a day, after the deer hunters are done, or multi thousands to hunt on a season lease! Pick your poison.

Some items you think are in the rear view mirror seem to comeback and revisit us again! I think it would be a mistake, in retrospect I think it was a mistake to transfer a lot of U.S. property to private hands. This was also a hot agenda in Nevada primary, where the state is advocating return of federal lands to the state. See Texas, 250.00 to hunt quail a day, after the deer hunters are done, or multi thousands to hunt on a season lease! Pick your poison.

"return Federal lands to the state" The western states have never owned the Fed lands. The lands of the west where purchased with blood and treasure by the original states and clearly owned by all the people. Japan and China would be more than happy to trade the worthless paper they hold "nat debt" for are timber and mineral lands. If you feel the Fed lands are or should not be owned by all the "people" then should they not be returned to the original states that paid for them? This country would not be the same place if we sell off are lands.

Last edited:
never going to happen in wyoming. ppl would not stand for it. th state of wyoming would do a much better job of taking care of this land than the feds ever would.

Back