The sun has set on the 2011 season-plans for 2012

Well the Montana pheasant season has now closed. Plans for 2012?

I am planning at least one trek to Idaho for chukars and probably one more waterfowl hunt.

Also, starting to think about spring turkey season.

This mild winter is helping the birds have an easy winter. :cheers:

Seasons over here too. I will hit a preserve a couple more times. My wife is taking me to one for my 40th birthday on the 3rd of March.
Plan to get out for some sporting clays and hunters safety with my son. South Dakota doesnt care how long ive been hunting but the class will be good for the two of us.
In November or december ill be heading west to South Dakota for a week with the kids and dog.

I plan to make my first upland trip to Montanna in 2012,then on to Idaho where my hunting partner just bought a house in Mt. Home. As Frank Sinatra said its Looks to be a very good year. Scotty

I like the Winter so far.:)

Couple things I saw in E MT this past Fall. Pheasants were scarce in the big grasslands, it's going to take longer then 1 year to get the birds spread out into the grasslands. Best numbers of birds where in the heavy cover areas or close by. Most Winter surviving birds got in with feeding cattle, woodlots and along the major streams and tributaries. I think with a good rest of the Winter and a good Spring for the birds there will be some decent upland hunting this Fall, especially those that have "honey holes" :)

Seasons over here too. I will hit a preserve a couple more times. My wife is taking me to one for my 40th birthday on the 3rd of March.
Plan to get out for some sporting clays and hunters safety with my son. South Dakota doesnt care how long ive been hunting but the class will be good for the two of us.
In November or december ill be heading west to South Dakota for a week with the kids and dog.

dont go to south dak theres no birds there in a few years theres not going to hardly be any birds lol thats the talk anyway on that side of the forum? heck for the most part people talk bad of ks but if you get out there the 4 trips i have been out there i have had a blast and learned some great new spots and by the way still another month in ks :) to hunt

Back