The Rooties Are Fighting

UGUIDE

Spring is here. Seen some roosters vying for territory already.

Starting my habitat work and flushing some birds of which the roosters plummage is most brilliant in the spring.

Any snows we got mostly all soaked in so no major runnoff. Potholes are low and conditions are dry. We got 20" of rain last April and May. If we stay dry will be a good hatch!

Things are starting to green up too.

David0311

Spring is here. Seen some roosters vying for territory already.

Starting my habitat work and flushing some birds of which the roosters plummage is most brilliant in the spring.

Any snows we got mostly all soaked in so no major runnoff. Potholes are low and conditions are dry. We got 20" of rain last April and May. If we stay dry will be a good hatch!

Things are starting to green up too.

Any chance you have a general round up--of conditions at your various u-guide locations?
I think it would be quite informative :cheers:

Any chance you have a general round up--of conditions at your various u-guide locations?
I think it would be quite informative :cheers:

The key word you used David is "various". Yes, it "Varies" WIDELY which makes it impossible to do a general roundup. That is the issue with the labor day state summary. It's too general for a species that is extremely local.

I have a hard time coming up with a good summary at my own place. Usually I can give one by end of season.

We put 510 roosters in the game bag on 600 acres and that does not include lost or crippled birds.:cheers:

We had 20 inches of rain in May/April and one heck of a heat wave in June-Aug.

I have not seen any roosters going at it up here in NE Montana, but my pups have come across huns already paired off most everyday for the past 3 weeks, about a month a head of time here it seems.

Back