The final frontier

PTM

Me and Willy headed out for the last day of the season. First walk we saw a single hen uh-oh it was going to be a tough day. Next walk we doubled up on a bird and I got a single after putting up a lot of hens. Molly had a great find and it was off to the next assault. I put Willy on the tailgate and he hit a ditch and into the field he picked out a Rooster and boom. Why did the Rooster cross the road? So Willy and Buck could shoot em', they downed another bird they couldn't find. I got one more on a very long walk, was greeted by a neighbor dog we call Jake from state farm, even gave him a ride home. My pup Molly had a big day and is turning into a good bird dog. The birds are down in my neck of the woods but we still had a good year. Happy New Year to all my friends old and new.

wily2_zpsxua6tidi.jpg

patrick1_zps2qpmyd80.jpg

willy1_zpskwabrjls.jpg

buckhardmouth_zps4kw3vdbw.jpg

wilybuck_zps82mqhl6f.jpg

lilah%20rampr_zpsjbey6qwz.jpg

Time for a little R&R, here is to another great season!

Last edited:
Thanks

Thank you for sharing your hunt!:)

I like the cover you were hunting. Congrats on a good day afield!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks, the cover is all ditch irrigation with cattails and Russian olives.

fat%20face_zps4wskolvo.jpg

buckmolly_zpslkctjj32.jpg

Little Molly and Buck, Molly had a really good point and tracked down a runner, Buck has strong ties to Trieven Kennels and Molly is a Poudre River dog. In my experience Molly has got a huge motor for a lab and has the potential to be my best dog ever despite being a little strong willed.

Last edited:
Thanks, the cover is all ditch irrigation with cattails and Russian olives.

fat%20face_zps4wskolvo.jpg

buckmolly_zpslkctjj32.jpg

Little Molly and Buck, Molly had a really good point and tracked down a runner, Buck has strong ties to Trieven Kennels and Molly is a Poudre River dog. In my experience Molly has got a huge motor for a lab and has the potential to be my best dog ever despite being a little strong willed.

great last days! glad you got out, I know it was cold there, and here too, the sun helps a little!
sound counting days til next phes season ! winter well!

Nice photo's, Pat. Looks like interesting cover and quite adequate to produce pheasants. Too bad the season ends, although you could try a game farm to keep active and sharp!

great last days! glad you got out, I know it was cold there, and here too, the sun helps a little!
sound counting days til next phes season ! winter well!

My 2016 resolution is to walk a field with you buddy somewhere in the tri-state region, only requirement is we have to carry the guns we traded.:cheers:

Last edited:
Nice photo's, Pat. Looks like interesting cover and quite adequate to produce pheasants. Too bad the season ends, although you could try a game farm to keep active and sharp!

I was looking into that, there is one near my folks place in Minot, I went with a couple guys today and looked at their dark house spear shacks, the game farm looks like a better deal.

Back