SxS or O/U???

I got my new Browning White Lightning 16 ga. 26" yesterday from Reed's Sporting Goods in Walker MN. Price: $1,349.99 I think that was one heck of a deal.

Now I can't wait to get out and shoot it. About all I can say about it thus are is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! I think I'm really going to love this little gun if it shoots half as well as it feels and points.

I'm so happy I feel like a proud new papa!! :)

I would only use the CZ occasionally for pheasants and can't see that I'd put more than a few boxes through it a year. The ones I've picked up seem to be nice guns for the price.

Well glad to see you found a gun but I did have a CZ woodcock deluxe before my cortona, I would just about drop every bird I shot at with that thing, no kidding, it patterend beautifull. Even long range, adv 40yards. but This was a 12ga. And I found nothing light about it. It is a heavier gun in my opinion. It fit nice, shot very well and I put a hell of allot of shells through it with no trouble at all. But the weight is the one reason I traded it off I thought it wore on a guy lugging it around all day. No recoil though and did bring down birds very well.

This Browning White Lightning 16 ga. is about 6.5 lbs. Not too heavy and not so light that recoil will be an issue. Should be about right. But until I can get it in the field a few times I won't know for sure.

I shoot a CZ Redhead Deluxe and havent had any issues
Just lucky I guess
Heavy? Dont know..Lift some weights to make it feel lighter. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

If God wanted us to shoot O/U he would have put one eye over the other. My go to field gun is my 1937 L. C. Smith single trigger, beaver forearm, 16 gauge double, choked imp cyl/modified. I also have other doubles in 12 and 20 gauge.

If God wanted us to shoot O/U he would have put one eye over the other. My go to field gun is my 1937 L. C. Smith single trigger, beaver forearm, 16 gauge double, choked imp cyl/modified. I also have other doubles in 12 and 20 gauge.

Occasionally, I get vertigo so the O/U comes in handy. For the other times it's a 1925 Ithaca N.I.D. In 12g. In the uplands anyway.

Right now my favorite is a Dickinson Estate SxS 16 ga. Using it for every thing, backed up by a Pair of Berettas, 391 and 686 Onyx Sporting. Both 12s. The SxS patterns great with all the smaller shot, but had to go to nickel with the 5's I prefer for pheasant

I hear a lot of good things about the Dickinson Estate guns, I may look into picking one up if I can convince my wife that I have another fried that wants me to hide a gun for him.

Back