SW Kansas Hunt Planning - Nov 22-27

Houston54

I am making plans for my annual pheasant trip to SW Kansas and thought there might be some local hunters who might want to hook up and walk a couple of fields.

I have access to private acreage around Garfield I typically start on then move towards Liberal for the second half of the week to hunt some other private land. If you have access to private land also that would be a big plus.

If you are a responsible/ethical hunter (aren't we all?) and would like a Texan to show you how to shoot then drop me a PM and maybe we can meet up. Be warned though I will have my cajun hunting buddy with me.

Have a Texan show me how to shoot roosters? Kiotehntr, you readin' this????Catch rattlesnakes maybe, but you ain't gonna teach me how to shoot:D. I sent you a pm. Sounds like you're hunting my favorite neck of the woods now. Better watch it Southern Man:rolleyes:

Have a Texan show me how to shoot roosters? Kiotehntr, you readin' this????Catch rattlesnakes maybe, but you ain't gonna teach me how to shoot:D. I sent you a pm. Sounds like you're hunting my favorite neck of the woods now. Better watch it Southern Man:rolleyes:
Yeah yeah, teach me how to shoot.....:D I already know how to shoot, just not always where I want the shot to go. :eek: It sounds like fun unfortunately I wouldn't be able to make it. I have to take my father back to Wichita for yet another surgery to cut out more cancer. I might have some spots open in January to hunt with me. I have quite a bit of private land in Central Kansas to hunt and I'm always willing to take members that I've met on the site, as long as they don't shoot me or my dog....:thumbsup: KB we need to get a date together so we can get Bilbo to join us as well....

I agree. Bilbo's not an easy guy to hook up with. I think he's afraid he'll start shooting like the rest of us if he spends too much time w/ us. He's a crack shot from what I understand. He's a great guy to be around. If you can get him to meet with you, sneak me in.....I'd love to hunt w/ him again.

Goodness! You make an honest offer to help others and all you get back is flack.:p

Actually things are looking good to meet up with some "pupils". :D

I know there are more who can take a day off of work for the opportunity to experience true Texas goodwill, fellowship and marksmanship. Pipe up.

Give me a shout when it gets closer. I am always looking to learn from a master.

Maynard & Murry

Hey fellow Texan hunter, sounds fun, just the Cajun comment is worrysome;)

You also hunt the southern edge of my area. I will be up there the week before.

Yeah yeah, teach me how to shoot.....:D I already know how to shoot, just not always where I want the shot to go. :eek: It sounds like fun unfortunately I wouldn't be able to make it. I have to take my father back to Wichita for yet another surgery to cut out more cancer. I might have some spots open in January to hunt with me. I have quite a bit of private land in Central Kansas to hunt and I'm always willing to take members that I've met on the site, as long as they don't shoot me or my dog....:thumbsup: KB we need to get a date together so we can get Bilbo to join us as well....

Lee, just got back from a week in Salt Lake City and thought I heard my name mentioned. Yes, I am ready!!! I was born ready but I will not teach a crackerjack shotgun shooter like you how to shoot anything. You are the MASTER, yes, you are the one. See you in a few weeks.

I will definitely keep your Dad in my prayers.

I agree. Bilbo's not an easy guy to hook up with. I think he's afraid he'll start shooting like the rest of us if he spends too much time w/ us. He's a crack shot from what I understand. He's a great guy to be around. If you can get him to meet with you, sneak me in.....I'd love to hunt w/ him again.

We will surely walk some fields together this season, I promise. KB, if I were you I'd be close to your phone this next week. I thought I heard someone from Browning corporate mention your name while I was in Utah this week. They may want to sign you up with a big endorsement to show the rest of us how to shoot straight.

Heck, I had a great time with you and your cousin when we were out walking through that tall grass. You sure have some beautiful dogs!!! You definetely practice what you preach, I was very impressed (and still am) that you take a serious interest in helping out the younger generation just coming into pheasant hunting. It takes a very unselfish person to take the time to teach kids safe handling of firearms and show them how to pheasant hunt. See you soon.

Lee, just got back from a week in Salt Lake City and thought I heard my name mentioned. Yes, I am ready!!! I was born ready but I will not teach a crackerjack shotgun shooter like you how to shoot anything. You are the MASTER, yes, you are the one. See you in a few weeks.

I will definitely keep your Dad in my prayers.
Thanks Bilbo..

Back