Steady to wing and shot

jeffstally

I have 2 young springers that listen very well, quarter nicely, and retrive to have very smothly. I would like to get them steady to wing and shot before the season starts.

Does anyone have anyone have good input into how to do this?

Thanks

FC Springers is your man, He should know how to go about this for a flushing dog........Bob

Where are you at Jeff. It is a hard process to explain. I know of some good reads and can explain some very good ways to go about it but, It would be way easier to have you come on out and go through it with the club. Or hook you up with a club in your area. If not I will spell it out for you.:thumbsup: But seeing it first hand goes smoother. You will need a bunch of pigeons at some point . But the first stage is to line or yard steady the dog. And using place boards is the easiest, fastest, and most productive way to go about it. But lets find out what part of the world you are in first. Pm if you like.

If you don't already have a copy, I would strongly recommend the book Hup!: Training Flushing Spaniels the American Way by James Spencer.

Back