South Dakota in the works

Live in northen Illinois by Rockford, have 2 gsp's and a pop-up camper looking to travel to South Dakota for a pheasant hunting trip. I have never been there, and, would be interested in finding some one else wanting to go that is familiar with that state. Sharing expenses and driving time would make journey more affordable.

SD trip

When are you thinking about going? I only went once and that was last year. I'm going again this year in early nov on the same trip but would like to use the second 5 days of the license this year. Let me know what your thinking. If it works out I will see if the guide will help out with the some public land recommendations.

P.S. I'm in SE WI and have a 3 year old gsp

Thinking about 2nd or 3rd week in November after daylight savings and hours open up and weather cools a bit. Heard too many tales of dogs and rattlesnakes in warmer temps.

Have two seven year old gsp's, same litter. Going with same group? Never really thought about December(which is probably what you are looking at for second trip). Would be flexible as long as weather holds out.

First weekend of December would work out well with my work schedule. I'm going to the same property with a different group. I have a wedding to attend the second week of the season which is the week my group from last year is going. Have you had any luck getting anyone else on board? I know a dog trainer in Kansas that may be interested.
First weekend of December we will probably need 5 people to contain the field well (unless) we have snow on the ground and get some tighter holding birds.

Possibility

Gents -

I'll be in SD the second week of Nov. but would also like to use up my second 5-day license. As it stands I was also thinking about trying out North Central Kansas for the first time. I have 3 to four other guys who would likely be up for a Kansas or SD hunt the first week of Dec. I have one old Lab who is good on birds but is strating to slow down quite a bit and unfortunately, she's the only dog with us now.

We are ethical and responsible hunters. If you're still looking for a few extra guys who can push the brush and block let me know.

Be Safe and Hunt hard -

respond

Thanks for the response. when it comes to pheasant hunting, I don't think you could ever have too many connections. I'm heading out to S D on Nov. 8-12 with a guy from Wisconsin joining up with a group up there. My first out of state hunt was Kansas in 96 with my 2 year old then shorthair...quite some time ago in dog years. Put her down last year at 16, my first, and, best field companion. Have two males now, both seven from the same litter(had the mother, hit by car in 05). Don't know if this year will allow a second extended pheasnt trip, but would love to get back to Kansas

Back