Solo hunter looking to join group next weekend (10/31/ to Nov2)

wyosteve

I am planning on getting in my truck solo, and heading to SD on Thursday 10/30, and staying through the weekend. I am comfortable hunting ditches and public areas alone, but would like to join a group on a pay to hunt deal on private land. (or join a group to hunt public). I have an experienced, but not polished, pointing lab that works close and finds some birds. I can push the fields with my dog, if you have people that prefer to block.... I am planning on heading to Chamberlain, but am willing to drive anywhere else as far east as Mitchell or so.
If you are a little light in your party and could use another hunter to help push the fields and/ or lower the cost, or fill out a group, let me know! Of course, I am willing to pay my fair share for the hunt. I am easy going and so is my dog, but we will hunt as hard as you want to. I just like to hunt and enjoy the country. I will post this in the "group builder section" as well.

My brother in law and I will be out November 1 in the McPherson area . It is just the two of us and two dogs and if you're interested let me know. We will be out there for 10 days.

I ended up coming out a day early..I am now planning to be back in Wyoming for the black hills deer hunt on Nov 1; good luck to you and thanks for the reply; I managed a limit today, thanks to my dog for awesome retrieves on cripples......4 roosters put up...3 in the bag....good girl.....now I need to do my part and shoot them a little more solid......my luck was in ditches, we tried some walk ins, and she got birdy, but I think it was too much cover for one man and 1 dog to corral them...great day, gotta love South Dakota

Back