So Cal Pheasant Clubs

AB84

Going on our first Pheasant Hunt here is So. Cal and was wondering if anyone could suggest a club. I am looking at Woodland's in Imperial Co and Raahauge's. If you have hunted either of these clubs can you please share your experience.
Thank you.

I have hunted Raahgee's and had to do it twice. The first time the field was waist deep cover and no birds. I complained and was given a second hunt where I actually saw the birds planted. Contrary to Tony's allegations (that my dog couldn't find birds) my dog did just fine on birds that were actually there.

For a better alternative, but a bit more drive, try Antelope Valley. Last year Dave had his guy plant three birds for me. We shot six including some loose chukar.

Going on our first Pheasant Hunt here is So. Cal and was wondering if anyone could suggest a club. I am looking at Woodland's in Imperial Co and Raahauge's. If you have hunted either of these clubs can you please share your experience.
Thank you.
Hi OP,

If you're interested, I can share some information with you about V1 Ranch on Palomar Mountain. We pride ourselves on our pheasant hunts and we can provide everything to make sure that your hunt is not only successful, but eventful and fun as well :) Please feel free to call us at 760 782 3000.

Pheasant clubs

I trained my lab at woodlands club.Hunted there many times and anything I needed to train my dog Mendel took care of.Some times I wanted to plant my own birds for training purposes No problem
Also hunted there on left over birds from other hunts.
Those birds acted a little bit more wild after being out there for a month or so
Nice place to hunt
if you have a new dog that's the place to train them.If you don't have dogs I would advise you pay for a dog and handler
Mendels pointers are awesome
Jim

I've spoke with Mendel many times at Bass Pro but have never hunted with him.

If you don't mind a bit of a drive, I've hunted several times with Dave Hamilton at Guns and Roosters in Porterville, CA. Great guy and he runs a fantastic operation.

Back