Since the season is over....

Yep. Easier to be the hunter than the hunted as KU well knows with the yearly bullseye on their backs. I think KSU and ISU both focus so much on beating KU, and in ISU's case the Big 12 tournament, that they lose sight of the bigger picture which is March Madness.

Obviously not a KSU fan but really hated that Dean Wade couldn't play in the tournament again. It's always great to see Kansas kids do well, especially small town kids. Seems like a good kid as well.
Agree. Kstate was so focused on ending KU's run of 15 straight that they ran Dean Wade into the dirt. They should have rested him the whole month of Feb. Goals are different when you have not had any past success. Who won the ACC regular season title last year? No one really remembers and no one really cares. It is all about the Final 4. It only matters in the Big 12 because KU is on a different planet. If KU left the Big 12 it would become a conference of mid majors.

Last edited:
K-State definitely needed Wade; he's key to their successes.

I wish the Big12 teams had made a better showing. These early erasures of every team but Texas Tech don't do anything to support the oft heard claim that the Big12 is the or one of the toughest conferences.

Sure doesn't look that way.

K-State definitely needed Wade; he's key to their successes.

I wish the Big12 teams had made a better showing. These early erasures of every team but Texas Tech don't do anything to support the oft heard claim that the Big12 is the or one of the toughest conferences.

Sure doesn't look that way.

It is a tough conference top to bottom with in the league. But that is it. Not on par with the SEC, Big 10, ACC or even the American. Cinncinati, UCF and Houston would have rolled through the Big 12. Even WSU would be one of the better teams along with Temple.

Anybody else a Tech fan for the rest of the year?

Well I will probably win the bracket challenge since I have them in the final four. They had a favorable draw to get to the final four, which is why I picked them. Other than Tech the Big 12 was pathetic in the tournament. I was right when I said 5 or 6 teams, didn't think Tech would go anywhere til I saw the bracket.

A game with one dunk. No star players at all in the Big 12. No one makes it to the sweet 16 out of the weak Big 12. Right now the recruiting class for KU in 2019-2020 looks bleak. The stars are heading else where.

So I guess you changed your mind after you posted this. Btw, the big 12 won 4 out of 6 first round matchups. Kstate lost Wade and wasn't the same wo him all year. I am not sure the b12 did any better or worse than what they were seeded. They had some lower seeds win their games and some higher seeded lose. Ku getting their ass kicked like they did was the most embarassing loss for the league. Texas Tech actually could win it all, a team doesn't do that unless they have faced good competition through the year.

So I guess you changed your mind after you posted this. Btw, the big 12 won 4 out of 6 first round matchups. Kstate lost Wade and wasn't the same wo him all year. I am not sure the b12 did any better or worse than what they were seeded. They had some lower seeds win their games and some higher seeded lose. Ku getting their ass kicked like they did was the most embarassing loss for the league. Texas Tech actually could win it all, a team doesn't do that unless they have faced good competition through the year.

Funny stuff, you need to take off your purple-colored glasses and stop throwing shade at KU. KU was beat by Auburn seeded one spot lower and from the SEC, that got hot and is now playing for the NCAA championship. The by far most embarrassing loss for the Big 12 was the league co-champion, KSU, a 4 seed, losing to UC-Irvine, a 13 seed from the Big West. The Big West Conference isn't a major conference, is it? KSU made their Elite 8 run last year without Wade, what happened this year with virtually the same team? It's called choking and crapping the bed. But Scott Drew said.......

I'd say the second most embarrassing loss was ISU's loss but at least they, like KU, lost to a team from a major conference.

Last edited:
Funny stuff, you need to take off your purple-colored glasses and stop throwing shade at KU. KU was beat by Auburn seeded one spot lower and from the SEC, that got hot and is now playing for the NCAA championship. The by far most embarrassing loss for the Big 12 was the league co-champion, KSU, a 4 seed, losing to UC-Irvine, a 13 seed from the Big West. The Big West Conference isn't a major conference, is it? KSU made their Elite 8 run last year without Wade, what happened this year with virtually the same team? It's called choking and crapping the bed. But Scott Drew said.......

I'd say the second most embarrassing loss was ISU's loss but at least they, like KU, lost to a team from a major conference.

They weren't beat they were absolutely smeared. It looked like a junior high team playing. They had their biggest deficit in Ku tournament history. They pretty much just quit.

They weren't beat they were absolutely smeared. It looked like a junior high team playing. They had their biggest deficit in Ku tournament history. They pretty much just quit.

Your obsession with KU is obvious and typical of many KSU fans that take greater satisfaction in KU getting beat than they do in their team's own accomplishments. KU might have looked like a junior high team in the first half but they didn't quit, they scored 50 points in the second half against Auburn. Here's the box score for you to check it out. https://www.google.com/search?q=KU+vs+Auburn+box+score&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS815US815&oq=KU+vs+Auburn+box+score&aqs=chrome..69i57.10604j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11fk8hz2w5;3;/g/11ckvf54fz;dt;fp;1;; KU cut a 26 point halftime deficit to 14. Personally I'd rather lose by 14 than by 1.

Posts like yours, the chanting of "F*** KU after KSU clinched the league co-championship against OU, https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=848330765519020, the obscene marching band formation of a Jayhawk at halftime of a KSU game in which KSU wasn't even playing KU https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P0bHlwvCIQ etc just shows that little brother will always be little brother.

KU and Kstate both looked pathetic but if you are going to make excuses for Kstate missing Wade remember Ku was minus 3 starters. The Big 12 disappointed. They are far behind the SEC, ACC, Big 10 and are about to be passed by the American. And yep I did post that quote before the brackets came out. Once they did, I felt like Tech had an easy path, so I took them to the final 4.

Funny thing is I always thought a collage was were you went for higher learning not sports .

Turtle, I just have to give you a hard time for spelling college wrong in a post about higher learning. All in fun, but I couldn't resist!:cheers:

Nick maybe I needed higher education growing up. Any other time spell check would have corrected it.

Beating Michigan and Gonzaga wasn't easy, and they beat the hell out of Michigan. Some people thought Michigan could have been a 1 seed. Texas won the NIT, with another win they would have been in the big dance. TCU made the final four of the NIT and they also were close to being in. The B12 is far from bad as you claim. And nobody picks a team to go to the final four after thinking they won't make the sweet 16 based on brackets unless they have no clue what they are doing. BTW I saw that KJ Lawson is transferring from Ku. That tells me his brother is going pro. The rats are running from the sinking ship, more bad news to come from Lawrence.

KU and Kstate both looked pathetic but if you are going to make excuses for Kstate missing Wade remember Ku was minus 3 starters. The Big 12 disappointed. They are far behind the SEC, ACC, Big 10 and are about to be passed by the American. And yep I did post that quote before the brackets came out. Once they did, I felt like Tech had an easy path, so I took them to the final 4.

Are you sure you didn't have them in the championship game? Maybe you have them winning it all in your bracket after saying they wouldn't make the sweet 16 until you saw the bracket. I still call BS. BTW there are only two conferences still playing and guess who one of them is.

Are you sure you didn't have them in the championship game? Maybe you have them winning it all in your bracket after saying they wouldn't make the sweet 16 until you saw the bracket. I still call BS. BTW there are only two conferences still playing and guess who one of them is.

You fill out your bracket before the tournament starts on ESPN Tournament Challenge. You can't change it once it starts. Go to Bowsite and look for yourself if it makes you feel better. Move on and forget it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well well well. Here we are 2 or 3 years later. So ,I was raked over the coals for saying Kansas was in trouble for the Adidas probe. Got the Calipari is the dirtiest coach , blah blah blah. Well who' s dirty now boys? Dont want to rub it in but who was right ?

Well well well. Here we are 2 or 3 years later. So ,I was raked over the coals for saying Kansas was in trouble for the Adidas probe. Got the Calipari is the dirtiest coach , blah blah blah. Well who' s dirty now boys? Dont want to rub it in but who was right ?

Nothing more corrupt than the NCAA. The power conferences need to look at an alternative to the NCAA. The NCAA is in a pickle with the new G League rules. So far all you have is posturing. Nothing has changed in 3 years. The NCAA is mad that Bill Self did not tuck is tail when this all started and they are mad that Bill Self told the NCAA to stick it at Late Night at the Fog by wearing an Adidas shirt and a money necklace. Rock Chalk!!!!

Last edited:
I have no doubt Kansas broke the NCAA rules, and has been doing so for decades. I have no doubt that all programs that function at any sort of respectable level in D1 basketball do, too. I'm not sure I'd consider it "cheating" to operate within an unfair and absurd framework in the way literally all other programs do. I also think the NCAA's rules about college athletes are immoral, unethical, and don't deserve respect or adherence. And the NCAA's enforcement of those rules is as unethical as the rules themselves. Self, the KU basketball program, and the entire athletics department it seems, have a particularly contentious relationship with the NCAA. Increasingly, I respect Self for thumbing his nose at the NCAA, instead of ass-kissing and deferring to their absurd, arbitrary and capricious system. Self's legacy is going to be that he took on a corrupt system, while others, like Calipari and Krzyzewksi sat on the sidelines and did nothing.

Last edited:
Back