Since the season is over....

I don't think there is any doubt Kstate has the best team this year. I am not sure how they aren't ranked with a better record than Ku and they are first in the B12, yet KU is ranked 13? Our only two losses in conference was when Wade was out with an injury. Since he has came back they have won 7 conference games in a row.

I don't think there is any doubt Kstate has the best team this year. I am not sure how they aren't ranked with a better record than Ku and they are first in the B12, yet KU is ranked 13? Our only two losses in conference was when Wade was out with an injury. Since he has came back they have won 7 conference games in a row.

KU fan here. Congrats to the Wildcat fans on a good win last night. As far as the rankings go, I think the polls favor the programs like Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, etc. However, there are a lot of other factors that go into the rankings. KU plays one of the toughest non-conference schedules year in and year out and that definitely helps them in the rankings. Having said that, I'm not sure that I disagree with you that K-State has the better team this year. My best friend and both of my sisters went to K-State, so I do cheer from them when they aren't playing KU. I don't expect much out of my Jayhawks in the NCAA tournament this year. K-State probably has a better shot to make a run. Good luck to both teams.

Just to add to this, I'm not near the ravenous fan I was while in high school and college, things have mellowed out for me over the years. All in good fun. And like Matt said above, it happens so seldom, we have to celebrate when it actually does.

Oh, and I'll never root for KU. :) :) :)

Just to add to this, I'm not near the ravenous fan I was while in high school and college, things have mellowed out for me over the years. All in good fun. And like Matt said above, it happens so seldom, we have to celebrate when it actually does.

Oh, and I'll never root for KU. :) :) :)

:cheers: I've mellowed quite a bit too. I would've never cheered for K-State when I was in school!

Awww, baby brothers are so cute....

Anyway, congrats to K-Staters for giving KU a rare home loss at Allen West.

Last edited:

Because KU plays one the toughest non conference schedules in the country. KU had 3 starters out last night. They beat Tennessee early in the year with Doke, a totally different team with out him. Right now KU is not very good, and neither is the Big 12, which is why KSU is not ranked. They defend well, but that is were it ends.

The B12 is rated by some as the toughest conference in the country, some have them second behind the ACC. They will have 7 if not 8 teams in the post season tourney. That is far from being a weak conference. Kstate beat Iowa State on the road, Ku got killed there. Kstate is alone at the top of the conference now after Baylor lost last night, and IMO have the best chance to win it, having split with TT already and Iowa State coming to Bramlage. Kstate will be ranked next week, not that ranking now really mean anything anyway.

Congrats to KState- but you better pay attention to the other Wildcat team- Kentucky Wildcats. Won a friendly value meal wager from my Kansas upland guide on the Ky/Kansas matchup. I don't think they can win it, but they are improving. I like Bruce Webber - brought some excitement to Manhattan

Congrats to KState- but you better pay attention to the other Wildcat team- Kentucky Wildcats. Won a friendly value meal wager from my Kansas upland guide on the Ky/Kansas matchup. I don't think they can win it, but they are improving. I like Bruce Webber - brought some excitement to Manhattan

I was referring to winning the B!2. Kstate has the inside track barring injuries or just giving it away. Bruce Weber split the title with KU his first year, so he has done it before. Remember Kstate is playing the same team that beat Kentucky in the tourney last year. Actually we beat them without Dean Wade.

Very true - I like Dean Wade- different KY team this year. I pull for KState- like Bruce Webber. I have gotten to know several K State fans from Manhattan area- always pull for them.

With all the injuries that KU has had I'm surprised that the game was as close as the final score. Series is now 196-95 in favor of KU so losses to KSU do happen.

Addition by subtraction in my opinion. Vick is a total head case and a cancer on the team. KU basketball is snake bit this year, but I wouldn't count them out just yet.

Addition by subtraction in my opinion. Vick is a total head case and a cancer on the team. KU basketball is snake bit this year, but I wouldn't count them out just yet.

He is the only one that could shoot. I think there are things going on behind the scenes. If they face probation or have to vacate some of last years games things will get worse. Their recruiting class for next year is ranked 8 out of 12 in the B12 already. I think the Adidas deal is hurting their recruiting. I'm not sure why the signed a new contract with Adidas after this all broke. It shows they really don't care about anything but the money.

He is the only one that could shoot. I think there are things going on behind the scenes. If they face probation or have to vacate some of last years games things will get worse. Their recruiting class for next year is ranked 8 out of 12 in the B12 already. I think the Adidas deal is hurting their recruiting. I'm not sure why the signed a new contract with Adidas after this all broke. It shows they really don't care about anything but the money.

I'm sure that is every KSU fan's wet dream scenario. Good chance that Azubuike comes back next year and with Dotson and Agbaji KU will have one of the best backcourts in the country. Recruiting rankings take into count the number of signees and KU doesn't have many scholarships available next year, although that could change. They are still in the running for several highly ranked recruits for the next class as well. Wouldn't count out a Bill Self coached team, who is easily the best coach in the Big 12.

The Adidas connection has hurt recruiting no doubt though.

Did KU sign the new Adidas contract tonight and I didn't hear about it yet?

Last edited:
They haven't signed the new 191 million dollar contract yet but are expected too. They are still under the old contract however, they didn't withdraw from it. If they really cared about players being ineligible and running a clean program they would tell them to pound sand. They won't because money talks. I have a niece that is on the KU dance team. She is the good looking actually the best looking blonde on the team.
BTW Doke won't be back. He hurt himself and his NBA stock bad enough coming back this year. Getting hurt is the chance you take.

Last edited:
Back