SE WY Sharptails???

Delta Whiskey

All right I give. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find some Sharpies in SE WY? I Have OnX and have been just putting in alot of miles in Laramie, Platte, and Goshen counties and I'm not seeing anything. I have done all the research from historical maps, videos, OnX, and no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I can send my email so we don't put it out there for the whole world to see. I'm getting Sage and Dusky grouse but no Sharpies yet. After sharpies is Ruffed Grouse. Thanks!

Attachments

• WY Sharp Tailed Grouse.png
    WY Sharp Tailed Grouse.png
    510.8 KB · Views: 11
I have done a bit of scouting on WIAs in Laramie Co. this year. 12, 13, 9 and 21 specifically. I saw crow; deer; dove; duck; pronghorn; I think some kind of weird hybrid deer (black tail, little ears, white butt like a muley?; pretty sure a hen pheasant on #9 (could have been a sharp), frankly I jumped so hard I forgot to really ID it.... flushed between my legs! I haven't seen any other grouse down here on the places I scouted, but full disclosure, I am brand new to bird hunting and going for the first time tomorrow.

SE Wyoming is fickle. My only advice is hunt the food source. Sharpies make a unique sound when flushing. Sharpies in SE WY = Miles (many of them). Enjoy the adventure. I haven't had luck in Laramie Co. but hear they are there. Enjoy the adventure. Winds at 15mph seem to work good.

I have done a bit of scouting on WIAs in Laramie Co. this year. 12, 13, 9 and 21 specifically. I saw crow; deer; dove; duck; pronghorn; I think some kind of weird hybrid deer (black tail, little ears, white butt like a muley?; pretty sure a hen pheasant on #9 (could have been a sharp), frankly I jumped so hard I forgot to really ID it.... flushed between my legs! I haven't seen any other grouse down here on the places I scouted, but full disclosure, I am brand new to bird hunting and going for the first time tomorrow.
A pheasant is extremely rare around there... Please do some research before hunting around there and expecting to pull a trigger. If you really want sharptails look farther north in the Thunder Basin National Grasslands........

I've only be getting single bird flushes in Laramie Co. while I've been getting covey flushes in Goshen Co. No luck yet in Platte Co.

Back