SD Youth Pheasant Season Info

UGUIDE

FYI, SD Youth Pheasant season used to be kids 12-15 but now is for kids ages 12-17 (resident and non-resident alike). However, non-resident kids 12-15 get their license for $25 but the kids older than that have to pay full price which I don't really care for. If you are going to let the kids into the youth hunt then give them the discounted license.

I see they also brought the start time in to 10am from noon.

Youth Pheasant Season

Season Dates: Oct. 3-7, 2009
Open Unit: Statewide, Both private and public land, including Lacreek National Wildlife Refuge, will be open to the youth hunters. However, only public road rights-of-way adjacent to public hunting lands will be open for hunting.

Daily Limit: 3 rooster pheasants, with a possession limit of 15 taken according to the daily limit.

Shooting Hours: 10:00 a.m. to sunset daily (Central time)

Eligibility: Resident and nonresident youths must be 12 (must turn 12 by December 31) through 17 years of age, possess a valid Hunter Safety Certificate and be properly licensed to hunt small game. All youth hunters must be accompanied by an adult who is not carrying a firearm. Resident youth ages 10-16 may participate in a mentored hunt

FYI, SD Youth Pheasant season used to be kids 12-15 but now is for kids ages 12-17 (resident and non-resident alike). However, non-resident kids 12-15 get their license for $25 but the kids older than that have to pay full price which I don't really care for. If you are going to let the kids into the youth hunt then give them the discounted license.

Good to see the youth hunt, we need to get these kids off their a$$ and enjoy the great outdoors. I think I look forward to these hunts more than my kid, however these hunts make it easier to get a kid hooked on the sport!

Back