Road Trip

mnmthunting

Banned
Just got back from a drive through some of ND best pheasant country.
It's been WET! I can tell Y'all for sure! Farming the potholes DID NOT work.
There,s going to be a lot of vegetation everywhere, lots of low areas and lots of fields that won't be planted, think weeds.:)

I saw a unusual amount of roosters, big colorful ones in ND, not many hens. They of course are on nests.
Weather has been mostly mild, lots of good cover, rain wont bother the hens on the nests much. I had to stop several times to clean bugs off the wind shield.
Look for a good pheasant crop in ND.

Fishing wasn't bad, There are a lot of Northerns that get pretty aggressive. The biggest Northern I caught was 35 inches but I saw some others had that were 20 pounds and bigger.
I couldn't find minnows. They had just had a tournament that used up all the minnows in the area. That and the locals hoarding. :rolleyes:
I got a few dozen from some guys heading out.
Non stop Walleye action in jigs and minnows. I had lots of the artificial baits along, that took some work to catch walleyes. I let go a 29 inch.
I got into some good Small Mouth fishing, that was a blast.
The wind and rainstorms were unreal, Lots of shore time.

I need a Drive!!!! Sounds so fun!!!! Good to hear on the wet conditions and the good fishing!!!!:thumbsup:

I feel that North Dakota's saving grace is the amount of WPA land that will most likely never be tilled or burned in our lifetime. I have only Pheasant hunted there the first 4 days of the season the last 3 years. We kill everything from white fuzzy ones that you can just barely tell is a rooster to the most massive 20 something rings on its tail monsters. Before anyone blasts me for killing the fuzzies , those are in the instance that my dog holds a solid point till shot , i can't resist. I did read where the crowing counts were down 11% state wide.

Back