Rizzini.......

TheMorningRise

I am contemplating an Artemis Deluxe and was wondering if anyone has feedback on this, or other Rizzini guns.

As a comparison, the other gun I am looking at is a Silver Pigeon V.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thank You.

I have a Cortona Grande Sporting, they are or were made by Rizzini. Now they are slightly different, but not really, and imported under the F.A.I.R name. They all are nice guns and all are alike. Same family relatives that all sort of split to do their own thing. Cortona was the name Kalispell Caseline imported them as. Some outfit in TX is now doing the F.A.I.R line. The Carrera for example is the same gun as my Grande Sporting.

There is some good reads on the whole division of the family members. Caesar G is another, and you see the same style in the guns. Why all the Caesar G, fair, Cortona, Rizzini etc, will fit and feel the same. Each one has a different name for the same guns.

I just bought a new Rizzini Vertex Sporting from Sportsmans Warehouse. Should be here Monday. Heck of a sale on them. They are Clearance on Rizzini right now. I like my Cortona (Rizzini) fine. I have shot the hell out of it training, trials and hunting. So that's why I bought this one. I am sure it will fit the same. I hope LOL :)

I was going to by an Atremis years ago really likes the styling and weight , then Sigarms imported the S A5 uplander in every way it looks like the Artimus on the underside it Marked Rizinni

I have owned the gun for 15 years or so , it is a 12 ga with closer to a 20 ga weight .

I have a Cortona Grande Sporting, they are or were made by Rizzini. Now they are slightly different, but not really, and imported under the F.A.I.R name. They all are nice guns and all are alike. Same family relatives that all sort of split to do their own thing. Cortona was the name Kalispell Caseline imported them as. Some outfit in TX is now doing the F.A.I.R line. The Carrera for example is the same gun as my Grande Sporting.

There is some good reads on the whole division of the family members. Caesar G is another, and you see the same style in the guns. Why all the Caesar G, fair, Cortona, Rizzini etc, will fit and feel the same. Each one has a different name for the same guns.

I just bought a new Rizzini Vertex Sporting from Sportsmans Warehouse. Should be here Monday. Heck of a sale on them. They are Clearance on Rizzini right now. I like my Cortona (Rizzini) fine. I have shot the hell out of it training, trials and hunting. So that's why I bought this one. I am sure it will fit the same. I hope LOL :)

Were yoiu able to order that from them online or did you have to go to the store to get it. Their website says no online sales so I am a bit confused.

LOL Jake, not exactly. Yes that is a good story. There is no store in MN any more, so I called the ND and Iowa store to start. ND had one IA did not. They sent me a photo and told me they could ship. I said OK fine. But the wood was plain old plain old. And I wanted a nice piece this time with some figure in it.

I was given the location of about 28 stores nation wide who still had one. So I started calling trying to get a quick photo. All started telling me they only ship store to store. I was like WTF? No FFL shipping?. So I thought I would have them send it to Williston ND then. But then ND came back and told me the same BS. That means 16 hrs driving, plus the back ground check? :(

Trying to get 1 single photo at some places was a bummer. Young lazy brats. I was polite, and explained I was serious, yet did not wish to shell out 2 G's for a gun unseen, and wanted a nice looking one. I got pissed at how some stores acted, and whined to corporate. The corporate guys were great. They said call them back, find the one you want and let them know we will take care of getting it shipped to you.

They did just that, and customer service was suddenly stupendous, with exception of the South Jordan store. They were a joke. I have no clue what that gun looks like LOL. The gun was shipped to my FFL free shipping. Tracking says it is an hr away! :)

Last edited:
The sig guns were Rizzini. I received my new Vertex Monday. Good fit so I am happy. I will put a new butt pad on however. The stock one is kind of bland. I have a sand to fit limb saver that will give the feel I think will fit me even better. But I will have no issues shooting with it. I plan to pattern it and see where it peppers this week.:thumbsup: Looks like a quality OU for under 2 grand. It did come with a nice locking case. And right now Rizzini will send you a free shooting vest for buying some models. I have a new vest on the way :).

I can not seem to get on photo bucket right now for posting pics. Rizzini USA also will sell direct some real nice pieces on their site. They have a couple Fierce 1 sporting's I would love, but whew,,, close to 4 G's. I will have to wear this one out first. :)

Well I dumped some BB's down range today with the new Rzzini. Nothing strange. Patterned fine. Seems it likes the full choke better on paper. With fed premium 5's and 6's, and also win super sport 7.5's. I think I will still enjoy shooting my Cortona grande sporting better. Recoil is higher with this gun, but it is not ported. I think it will shoot the same, just kick more. Perhaps a porting job, and the limb saver recoil pad is in order to make it complete. Other then that maybe a smaller low profile bead. It looks like a baseball on my barrel when I shoot. Not used to that.

The real test is tomorrow shooting some live birds :).

Well folks if someone is wanting a deal on one of the nicest looking Vertex sporting 12ga 30" in the country. I am selling mine :(. Not that I want to, but, I have to come up with $ for my dogs surgery. My young rocket got a foreign body or seed in his lung. Looks like several thousand to get him the help he needs. SO my new sweet Rizzini is not as important as him. I just got it for 1,800. I shot maybe a box of ammo if that training twice. 1,600.00 it is yours. Pics are not working, but it is the same gun I posted pics here not long ago of. I can email if interested. blueriverkennel@gctel.com

If you mean my dog. OK for now. Just wrapped up 5 months of antibiotics. He has been off meds for 3 weeks and seems ok. Still hacks some. But we started running agin for the first time in about 6 months. I did keep the gun through November since we did not do the surgery LOL. But then sold it to a training partner for what I paid. I now bought a new Caesar G Summit Sporting. That fits perfect, and has shot lights out so far. I got a deal I could not pass on.

I was asking about the dog. I actually found your ordeal when I did a search on Rizzini. I’ve ordered a BR110. (Hard enough to rationalize a $2,000 shotgun, so I don’t think any of the higher grades of Rizzinis or any CG guns are likely to end up here!) I’ve got a soft spot for bird dogs so I was hoping your Pooch is ok.

Actually the Cortona is made by FAIR not Rizzini , two different companies , a split was made in 1972 .
Isadoro Rizzini started FAIR which stands for
Fabrique Armi Isadoro Rizzini .
DT

Back