Remington 1100 LT 20ga

WI ditch chicken

Hey guys,

So I've run into a problem with my dad's Remington 1100 it won't fully cycle after firing a round. I have had several people tell me I'm not using a fast enough round but I don't believe that's the case. It always worked fine when using target loads. I've done a little digging and think it might be my o-ring. Any thoughts from anyone?

Also I'm wondering if maybe I reassembled it wrong after cleaning? I assume the order in which the rings go back on the magazine matter. Wondering if maybe I got that mixed up.

This gun means a lot to me I actually haven't used it since high school when it started to not cycle properly. I don't have any other semi autos except the 2 my dad used.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Make sure the ports in the barrel are clean and install a new o ring. My 1100 has a sticker that shows the correct order of the piston rings so I'm guessing a google search would find something similar to make sure rings are correct. Shouldn't be anything too major as it is a fairly simple system.

Hey guys,

So I've run into a problem with my dad's Remington 1100 it won't fully cycle after firing a round. I have had several people tell me I'm not using a fast enough round but I don't believe that's the case. It always worked fine when using target loads. I've done a little digging and think it might be my o-ring. Any thoughts from anyone?

Also I'm wondering if maybe I reassembled it wrong after cleaning? I assume the order in which the rings go back on the magazine matter. Wondering if maybe I got that mixed up.

This gun means a lot to me I actually haven't used it since high school when it started to not cycle properly. I don't have any other semi autos except the 2 my dad used.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Scott,

When the gun is functioning what is your impression of it? My friend gave me one that exact model. I briefly shot it this summer and it seemed to fire light loads just fine. I need to shoot it more it seems like a neat little light gun. If you get her going let me know what you found so.

Regards

Patrick

I had a very nice 1100 20 ga back in the 80's---I ALWAYS kept a couple of O rings in the take with repair kit.

Sold it to a friend as his wife wanted to start bird hunting and she did and was a very fine shot--then the divorce and the gun went away--sold and not even offered back for me to as was the agreement----ever gonna do that again. :mad:

From the Remington support website:

FOR MODEL 1100 20, 28 AND .410 GA. ONLY: Slide the piston seal, piston and barrel seal over the magazine tube. See Picture 33b for the correct position.

091100maint.png

The big picture on Cleaning, Lubricating and Maintenance of the 1110 series:

https://support.remington.com/AUTOLOADING_MODEL_1100?/040_Cleaning,_Lubrication,_and_Maintenance

Last edited:
Back