Reloading Man Cave

BleuBijou

I know some of you guy's have the ultimate Reloading Man Cave. Post your pic's. I may steal some of your ideas. Hoping to increase my room to start reloading Shotgun shells here soon!!

IMG_6278_zps45ec1ea2.jpg

That is literally a cave...:(

Seriously bud, at least get a can of paint and a decent light. And a mini-fridge under the work bench wouldn't hurt. :cheers:

Here's mine. I have 3 presses now and two shotgun loaders. Updated from this pic.

I have that same trap thrower that is on your wall!!! LOL!! Might have to soften my walls up with some paneling!!! Thanks OP:10sign::cheers:

The problem I have is, any flat surface becomes a catch all for my wife. Soon you can't find any of your stuff under her avalanche.:laugh:

I am going to add some shelves underneath as I am getting congested !!! Yes, there is a bottle opener on the side there!! It is only for Soda!!! Maybe put up something on the walls that will hold some tools and things! I like the concrete floor because it is easy to sweep the Cleaning Media and any powder or primers that find there way to the ground. Looking into the Mini fridge!!!:thumbsup::cheers:

nice caves, how much can one save on average per box of shells by reloading? I understand it will vary by length, shot size etc. just looking for an average?

I have reloader but have not done shotshells. As for rifle and pistol it is between 60-80% once you have the brass.:cheers:

thanx bluebijou, I would guess that factor applys to shotshells?

No I believe he was talking about rifles and pistols.

The more expensive the cartridge runs in a factory load. The more saved reloading it. bluebijou and I both have 30-378 Weatherby Magnum's. They run about $120 for 20 rounds of factory loaded cartridges. Using Prem bullets, I would say it still runs $25-$30 a box if you have your own brass and don't have to buy it. New brass runs something like $50-$60 per 20.

Now my son shoots a 30-378 also.

Onpoint

hello all,

I just joined 2 days ago.

I was looking for reviews on Franchi's Instinct and stumbled into this board.

I hunt with 2 shorthairs in west KS as often as I can. Usually 6-7 3 day wknds

during season, except this one. Money was better spent on Pay2Play.

I just reused my old kitchen cabinets from a remodel so I thought I'd chime in

with my first post.

Carl

Thanks Setternut,

Cabinets are like shotguns........ you can't have too many!

btw, I've enjoyed your pix on other boards.

Carl

Mine is work in progress. Got all my stuff for 223 and 9mm. FINALY! found everything I needed. Got 3,000 cases coming in a day or two so will be busy. No pics yet, just a pile of clutter in a desk set up in the kitchen. After the kennel office man cave gets done it will be set up there. Forster single and Rockchucker single. RCBS charge master combo, redding national match dies, RCBS auto priming tool, Thumblers wet tumbler, all the concentricity gauges, so on and so forth. Loading 64 gr nosler bonded performance, 55 gr nosler ballistic tip, and 9mm hornady 115 gr XTP's. Finally got lots of powder, primers, brass and bullets. The 64 gr noslers fit the bill nicely in making the 223 a great deer gun now. Took a nice deer this year with it. Blew the top half of the heart off, clean pass through and dropped dead in 30 feet. Huge damage. Had them run further on slugs many times. So now I can use my equipment for yotes and deer. Plan to snag a 308 for my big bore and get dies for that yet.:coolpics::10sign: I am having fun with my new hobby.:thumbsup: As far as cost, Half the price or less. But a good chunk of change to get all you need to start.

Last edited:
I've got a spreadsheet saved away somewhere to enter component costs and then weights of powder used to give a finished price. Spreadsheet really opens your eyes up when you compare a powder cost for a .300 H&H versus a .22 Hornet. :)

Dad had his open the other day for my cousin to show him cost for a box of .22-250 using premium bullets, was something like $6.86/box.

:10sign::coolpics: Nice. My brass showed up. Sweet LC 2008 all same. Just finished converting them as close to match grade as I can. Resized, crimp gone, primer pockets uniformed, and flash holes done. All trimmed to 1.750 and ran through the thumblers. Sitting in the dryer racks as I type. BR4's going in tomorrow and start loading. I bought this little crow 5 in one case trimmer, and man is that sucker the bomb. Does a super job in half the time or less then a normal trimmer. Dumped the swadger and bought a rcbs military crimp remover bit, slapped that in a high speed drill and that's the way to go. Perfect job and cant cut too deep. I got the system down now. Found a nice load my gun likes with 5 shot groups in a garden P.:thumbsup: Still can't find decent varmint ammo on shelves here. Glad I am stocked up on components.;)

Back