Question on Garmin tt15 collar

Labradinger

Had the collar turned on and it was on the pup while she was outside. The distance on the remote started climbing and never stopped even tho the pup was close by. I checked the collar and it was off. Figured it died so i plugged it in and nothing lit up. Tried turning it on several times and even tried a different cord and made sure the outlet worked. Nothing. Checked with Cabelas and i can return it but it takes a month shipping it because of it having batteries-ive only had this for 6 weeks. My wife apparently is smarter/better than me and said she plugged it in and held the power button for 20ish seconds and it has turned on and is charging now. Did she uncover some trick on accident or is this thing on borrowed time and i just need to either ship and be without or drive the almost 2 hours to replace it?

I have had similar situations with my TT15 minis. Garmin support suggested I reset the collars, remove them from the Alpha and then re-add them.

I have had luck doing just that. Garmin also suggests after the reset to make sure the collars and the Alpha have the latest updates.

Your situation sounds similar except for removing and re-adding the collars....

Back