Quail calling this morning

oldandnew

Well I could barely believe my ears! For the first time in 5 years, I heard a Bobwhite this morning. Couldn't resist, got out my quail call, and carried on a conversation for a few minutes. Weather has been unseasonably warm, and dare I say it a little dry, but not extreme. Omen of a decent seasonal spring hatch. Encouraged the old bird hunter in me! I now have at least some hope, especially if this in going on across the western edge of Missouri.

Well I could barely believe my ears! For the first time in 5 years, I heard a Bobwhite this morning. Couldn't resist, got out my quail call, and carried on a conversation for a few minutes. Weather has been unseasonably warm, and dare I say it a little dry, but not extreme. Omen of a decent seasonal spring hatch. Encouraged the old bird hunter in me! I now have at least some hope, especially if this in going on across the western edge of Missouri.

Fantastic!!! I was broke on quail in Kentucky back in the very early 70s. That and rabbits .. The quail are far and few between on both sides of the river now days (ohio river). We took it for granted and now they are gone.
Was nothing to push 2-3 coveys while rabbit hunting and taking a few birds..:(

i hear them often in the 1/4 section of grass across from my house. A couple of nights ago i saw one in my front yard. My kids couldn't figure out what i was doing when i slammed the brakes in the gravel drive.

I hear them all the time! Too bad they are in a pen in my backyard.

I sometimes hear them down by the river, But it is rare.

I heard several on a couple different occassions last week but haven't heard them in a while. First ones I've heard in several years.

Back