Quail and Chukar for sale in SD

curlytails

We have adult bobwhite quail and chukar for sale. Located west of Armour SD (southeastern part of state). $5 per quail, $6 per chukar. No shipping.

PM or reply for more info. Thanks! :)

We might have some extra available this coming spring, mostly depends on how much demand there is between now & then. We use them ourselves for dog training so we'll always keep at least enough to get us through winter and spring....how many we keep exactly depends if anybody buys the "extras" lol.

How many would you be needing around that time of year? If we have enough extra by the time we start raising next year's chicks, I can definitely let you know. :)

Curlytails...do you have any left. I'm from NW IA and I make it out alot to visit my Grandmother in Armour at the nursing home. I have family heading out next week. I'd take about a dozen if you have that many.

Curlytails...do you have any left. I'm from NW IA and I make it out alot to visit my Grandmother in Armour at the nursing home. I have family heading out next week. I'd take about a dozen if you have that many.

Pick me up a dozen also if he has anything, Doesnt matter if its quail or chucks. Ive got a couple weeks without a trip planned, and would like to do some training .

Just figured I'd post a reply here just so everyone knows I'm still here :)

I talked to Rooster Fetcher this morning and we definitely have plenty of quail and chukar left for you guys. Whenever it's convenient for you to come, we'll be here. Looking forward to meeting you!

For anyone else looking for birds, there will still be both chukar and quail available after this sale; less than 100 of each.

We will be raising chicks again in the spring as well. Accepting deposits between now & then, for anyone wishing to reserve birds for next summer/fall. Deposits are fully refundable & it's the best way to get the absolute best value on our birds, especially for folks wanting larger quantities. PM for more details :)
Thanks!
-Danielle :)

Doing well in their new home. Thanks

chucks.jpg

Cool! Glad to know everyone has happy birds!

And I love how you did that with the buckets, that's a great idea. I'll have to remember that!

curlytails.

The buckets are just for roosting right now, but when nesting, I put 1/2 of the lid on the bottom of the bucket. I zip tied the handles of the buckets up to form a perch to enter,

One question i have. I built a recall pen and have started to let a few birds out at a time. Wow, are they vocal when theyre separated.

How big should the hole be on the inside? I put one chuck in for seed in my original try, and let one go free. Within a minute, the seed bird was free also. so obviously, my outlet hole is too large. Any ideas?

Birds are doing great!

They are definitely vocal- the ones here set up a fuss for about 30 minutes after you left with your birds :)

If you make a wire "funnel" to fit inside the hole, tapered end on the inside, it will allow birds to come in from the outside, but will prevent birds inside from being able to get out as easily.

It may take some experimenting to make the funnel size right, but it shouldn't be too hard. You can try making some sort of one-way flap out of a piece of wire as well- doesn't have to be big, just a little piece of wire to keep them from wanting to go out the funnel our setup has something like this as well.

Good luck and let me know if you want pics of our recall cages for a visual?

How many do you have left? I am in the Kimball area and need some to get some pups started.

Back