Posting Pictures

Dakotazeb

This is probably already out here on this site someplace but could someone please explain how to get your picture to show in a post rather than just a link to the picture? Thanks.

The way I do it is.....

Upload your photos to a picture holding site like Photobucket.

Then to post your picture, click on the box that is yellow with what appear to be mountains in it.

on photobucket there is an option underneath all of your pictures that is "direct link" copy that and paste it into the box that comes up when you click the box that has the mountains in it.

There may be an easier way to do it but that seems to work out alright for me.

hmmm....I just tried to do it that way, couldn't figure it out. Photobucket only takes a couple mins to set up and you can download multiple pics from your computer to it pretty quickly

Webguy,

Do you have an answer for this??

DZ

Currently, you can upload photos within the forum board or upload them to the user profile. I'm waiting to upgrade the software here and pretty soon it will be pretty easy.

The way I do it is.....

Upload your photos to a picture holding site like Photobucket.

Then to post your picture, click on the box that is yellow with what appear to be mountains in it.

on photobucket there is an option underneath all of your pictures that is "direct link" copy that and paste it into the box that comes up when you click the box that has the mountains in it.

There may be an easier way to do it but that seems to work out alright for me.

Actually Spence you can just copy the IMG code as well then paste in the box your creating your post in. Just saves you the extra step of insert image. Either way is fine though.

After you have joined photobucket and have uploaded pictures to your account, just drag the cursor over the picture you wish to use. You will see a drop down list. Look for IMG code. Just click and highlight the code to the right and then right click and "copy".

Then going back to UPH, in the box you are creating your post, just paste the code you copied and do a preview. It should be there. If it is then submit reply. It's that easy.

Now if you want to post multiple pics in one post then try this while in Photobucket.

• Move the cursor over each picture you want and check the box directly underneath pic
  • After you have selected all pictures, navigate to the bottom of the screen
  • You will see some options at the bottom
  • Click on "Generate HTML and IMG code"
  • You will now see a page of more options
  • Look for "IMG images for message boards" and highlight everything in the box and right click and "copy"
  • Then back at UPH, paste the code you copied directly in the box you are creating your post in.
  • Preview, if all is well then submit. thats it.

P.S. It would probably be best to resize your pics to the size you want while on your computer first. Depending on how big you want, Photobucket may not allow you to resize larger than what you uploaded. Normally 600 x 400 or thereabouts is a good size for message boards.

Last edited:
Back