Places to hunt near Mitchell

weekendwarrior

My father and my two sons all Kansas residents have been hunting around the Mitchell area for the last 5 or 6 years and have hunted mostly road ditches and walk in hunting. We are planning a 4 to 5 day hunt near the end of November this year and I am hoping to find some private land in the area that we could hunt on. We would be willing to pay a modest hunt fee but since both of my sons are still minors I will have to pay any per/day/gun fee three times each day, so I would prefer to pay a sigle fee for all of us. We are not looking for a guided hunt and do not need to find hundreds of birds, all we are looking for is a few water ways, hedge rows, railroad right of ways, or fence lines to wear our dogs out on and hopefully shoot a few roosters. Does any one have any property that we could potentially hunt on or know of anyone that we could ty to get permission from?

Thanks, I just stumbled accross the forum the other day and the existing posts look like there are some pretty good people that post here. I am from eastern Kansas so there are not any pheasants around my area, but we generally make a few trips each year, one to south dakota and a few more to western Kansas for pheasants.

Thanks, I just stumbled accross the forum the other day and the existing posts look like there are some pretty good people that post here. I am from eastern Kansas so there are not any pheasants around my area, but we generally make a few trips each year, one to south dakota and a few more to western Kansas for pheasants.

Welcome fellow Kansan.

Back