Picture post

How do you like those Scheels vests for the dogs?
In short, I like them.

I had never used a vest before, my old dog has a fatty tumor on the point of his chest that I was trying to protect so I bought the first one on the way to SD in October. It amazed me how much more it made them stand out as far as visibility, the rest of our group agreed. When we got home I ordered another one for my younger dog, this was his first hunt with it.

Definitely makes it easier to see them, and when you have a father and son white shorthairs that look almost identical, makes recognition at 100 yards way easier to with the different colors.

Passed on Kansas looks like it was a good choice...
I have a lifetime license, dad is in SEK, bro in law is south of Wichita, and it was worth the 10-12 hour drive. I'll admit it was all on private ground.

The birds were definitely spooky, even on private. One kid in our group took a 60 yard shot as we were getting out of the truck to hunt an 80 of tree rows and pigweed. Probably blew at least 100 birds out of the place 200+ yards away before we could do anything to set up.

We hunted some WIHA on the way up on Friday. Saw a few birds, only got close to one and then blew the shot :(

I have a lifetime license, dad is in SEK, bro in law is south of Wichita, and it was worth the 10-12 hour drive. I'll admit it was all on private ground.

The birds were definitely spooky, even on private. One kid in our group took a 60 yard shot as we were getting out of the truck to hunt an 80 of tree rows and pigweed. Probably blew at least 100 birds out of the place 200+ yards away before we could do anything to set up.

We hunted some WIHA on the way up on Friday. Saw a few birds, only got close to one and then blew the shot :(
As painful as it is, hopefully the kid learned a lesson.

Back