Pheasants Forever needs your help to appose a moratorium on new land acquisitions

birdshooter

Received this in an email from Pheasants Forever today.

Dear Pheasants Forever Supporter,

We need you to contact your state representative and senator in support of public land acquisitions! The Minnesota House of Representatives has adopted an amendment to put a one-year moratorium on acquiring new public lands, including Wildlife Management Areas. When Minnesotans approved the Clean Water, Land and Legacy Amendment in 2008, they collectively stated they wanted MORE public lands and protected habitat. A moratorium on creating new public lands doesn't meet the standard set by voters.

The purchase of new Wildlife Management Areas, Waterfowl Production Areas and other public lands not only permanently protects wildlife habitat, but provides access to the outdoors that hundreds of thousands of sportsmen and women depend on. Minnesota's identity as a state is directly tied to the outdoors, and the proposed legislative mandate works to cut those ties.

The 2011 legislative session ends on Monday, May 23, so please act today. In an email or phone call, please let your state representative and senator know:

* You oppose any moratorium on public land acquisitions.
* You support the Senate Legacy appropriations bill (SF 1363).
* As a hunter and conservationist in Minnesota, public lands are important to my way and quality of life.

To find your state elected officials, click here. http://www.gis.leg.mn/OpenLayers/districts/

Thanks for supporting Pheasants Forever and our wildlife habitat conservation efforts in Minnesota!

Last edited:
I got that email too. I think that PF may be fighting a losing battle. Everything is on the chopping block right now.

Here was the reply to my email

Trevor:

Thanks for your note. We heard from many Minnesotans with similar concerns and the moratorium is no longer part of the omnibus bill. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

Best Regards,

Rep. Kelby Woodard
District 25B
100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55155
(651) 296- 7065

Back