Pheasant Population Report

Preston1

The article below says that north-central Oklahoma saw an improvement in the wild pheasant population. If north-central Oklahoma wild pheasants improved than the pheasants in south central Kansas should have improved also. Those areas received about the same amount of rain this spring and summer. Wild pheasant don't recognize borders. Article below:

http://newsok.com/article/5463253

The pheasant season opens tomorrow (Dec. 1) in Oklahoma. And sat. (Dec. 5) in the Texas Panhandle I heard that pheasant number have also improve there.

Lamont Area

One of my deacons drove through Lamont this weekend and even with the bad weather he said he saw pheasants all over the place, just sitting on the side of the roads by the edges of the fields.
Also, the pheasant population seems to be doing well in the Wichita area according to an friend of mine.

Last edited:
OKRev forgot to mention there is no public hunting access in the Lamont area or north central Okla for that matter. Private land and usually heavily posted. There are a few day hunt opportunities for a price ($75-$100) but they have seen lots of pressure by the third week of the season. Almost forgot, I probably know your deacon.....:eek:

One of my deacons drove through Lamont this weekend and even with the bad weather he said he saw pheasants all over the place, just sitting on the side of the roads by the edges of the fields.
Also, the pheasant population seems to be doing well in the Wichita area according to an friend of mine.

OKRev forgot to mention there is no public hunting access in the Lamont area or north central Okla for that matter. Private land and usually heavily posted. There are a few day hunt opportunities for a price ($75-$100) but they have seen lots of pressure by the third week of the season. Almost forgot, I probably know your deacon.....:eek:

I've only lived in Oklahoma for 6 months, but I just assume that everyone knew that ALLLLLLL of Oklahoma is privately owned.

Seriously, being from Louisiana there is public land and huge WMAs all over the state. Its a bit of a culture shock to discover that 97% of OK is private land.

Back