Pheasant chicks along the roads 😳👍🏻

HUNTIN4FUN

The last week or so I've seen multiple hatches with varied size around my area. I did however see a hen and a chick hit by a car very near to my house. Best I can tell though the remaining chicks seemed to have regrouped with another hen, maybe her and her brood were close by in the ditch. We are not a SD or KS but this is encouraging.

Great report (beside the hit hen/chicks of course). Did you see these birds in Michigan or Kansas?

Nick

Sorry it was in Michigan. I have since seen the chicks again and it looks like they have possibly regrouped with another hen, the brood was huge.

Seeing broads running around in Michigan is a great thing:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing.

Nick

I've got what looks to be at least 5-10 different broods in the area. Tried to get pics of three different broods last night but they were gone by time I got the good camera. I keep having what I believe is the same rooster crowing to wake me up every morning. He sits in the field corner and crows until his little heart is content.

Yeah, if you could get a few photos that would be cool:thumbsup: Sounds like you're in a nice area. I'm a bit on the jealous side right now:D

Nick

Yeah!!!:cheers: Any photos yet? I know they're hard to get. Usually if I get close enough to wild pheasant chicks all I can see is grass moving in every direction. lol

Are you able to get a rough count on how many within a broad?

Nick

I've got a couple of pictures now my phone but nothing with my camera. I did see on one day three different broods in a couple mile section. One brood only had 3 that day but the others looked like between 5-8 maybe. It's hard to say because I never really catch them on the sides of the road too much any more now that the rains have subsided. It's always momma running with babies in toe a good distance up. Now that they are bigger I think some are crossing before the hen or right with her making it hard to count. I did see a couple of roosters flying in the cow pasture the other day.

Back