Opening Weekend

You didn't tell us how you did, either.

Saw few birds, missed all of them (4). Discovered I had my Full choke in, which didn't help. Lots of hunters/families back in the area, so lots of pressure. Walk-ins were hit hard (I have access to private land, but that was also hit hard by locals).

So, didn't find many, very-warm weather, and wrong choke added up to no birds in the bag. Eastern Yuma County.

You didn't tell us how you did, either.

Saw few birds, missed all of them (4). Discovered I had my Full choke in, which didn't help. Lots of hunters/families back in the area, so lots of pressure. Walk-ins were hit hard (I have access to private land, but that was also hit hard by locals).

So, didn't find many, very-warm weather, and wrong choke added up to no birds in the bag. Eastern Yuma County.
didn't hunt the opener. going to try during the week. will let you know how it goes.

thanks.

didn't hunt the opener. going to try during the week. will let you know how it goes.

thanks.
hunted south and north in phillips county. public and private. south - kicked up a covey of quail (8-10), didn't shoot. two hens and a rooster. should have harvested the rooster, but didn't.

north - kicked up 3 hens and 2 roosters. unfortunately, it was after shooting hours, so i didn't take a shot.

I just got back from Kansas Trip, where i started the trip in Colby then hunted Osborne, Saw birds in Colby, skittish but had shots on a couple roosters and bagged some Quail, Osborne is around the same, Quail is good, but honestly, this is the worst year I have hunted in 5+ years of doing my trips. I worked dogs hard (3 of them), and just didn't have much luck at my usual places, most are mowed down, habitat lost, and just sad to see. Think I am going to give Kansas about 1/4 of the time next year, maybe good for a day in Colby and a day in Osborne, but that it. 70-degree days and either 15-30MPH wind or no wind surely didn't help. Very different from SD where I limited out by noon ditch hunting. Farmer said Osborne and Colby had 100+ degrees days this summer with limited water and high winds, which killed anything and everything cover-wise.

Attachments

• IMG_4118.jpeg
    IMG_4118.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 19
Back