Opening Day 2017

Matt D

Missed this morning for the first time in many years. Made it out this afternoon. Texted a buddy on the way and he beat me there with one in the bag already. Just as I got out of the truck got another text from him that he had a cripple at the other end of the field he couldnt find. Drove down and let the dog out and walked out towards him. Boucher went right to it and found it. Good start. Worked around there for a while with out another flush. Headed for Home and decided to hit one more spot. Ended up good. Flushed two and killed two although had to flush the second one twice due to poor shooting the first time he came up. Was a nice warm up before we head to SD a week from today. Got one of our farms we will hit tomorrow and see what we can find there. Good luck to all. Here’s a pic from today.

2dhbo0i.jpg

Sounds like a good day in the Ohio uplands! How's the pup doing?

Sounds like a good day in the Ohio uplands! How's the pup doing?

The pup turned 4 this fall and is doing well. The old man Copper while being deaf and blind is still doing well at 13+ years old. Can’t let him run with out being on a leash but he got a flush Thursday night when I had the dogs out running and yesterday I threw one of the birds in the weeds for him when we got back to the truck and let him find and retrieve it so he got to go hunting also. He will go along to SD with us next week even though won’t get to actually hunt.

Ok, I had forgotten that when you were looking for a pup you decided to go with a started dog. Great bloodlines if I remember.

That's great what you're doing with Cooper!

Good luck in SD and take some pictures and report!

Good job Copper deserves it !! :thumbsup:. Here's to a safe and enjoyable trip out west. Keep us up to date with the trip.

The pup turned 4 this fall and is doing well. The old man Copper while being deaf and blind is still doing well at 13+ years old. Can’t let him run with out being on a leash but he got a flush Thursday night when I had the dogs out running and yesterday I threw one of the birds in the weeds for him when we got back to the truck and let him find and retrieve it so he got to go hunting also. He will go along to SD with us next week even though won’t get to actually hunt.

Back