Opener 2017

Lee192233

Counting down the days till 9am Saturday. Even though we mostly have only stocked birds here in East Central WI I still look forward to the opener. Good luck everyone and stay safe!

I always debate with myself whether I want to bump and nudge for a parking spot at a state area. I havent Hunted the opener for a decade. We’ll see how the weather shakes out this weekend.

Uplandhntr, I usually don't hunt the prime fields opening day either. I usually hunt by myself so I just hunt small out of the way spots. I've had groups of guys start hunting the other end of a 40 acre field while I was still hunting it! No patience. Hopefully it's not raining too hard Sat morning. If not, I'll be in the Kettles or at Killsnake. Good luck if you get out.

Well, the second half of waterfowl season opens this weekend, so I'll skip the flood of transient people with guns from the cities and walk the crik for woodies. My season opens the Monday after opening weekend.

Tinker still needs experience. Then, Mick and I go out.

Promises to be a good, if exhausting for old legs, week.

Safety first...wear orange on public land, and remember, the sequence is First: duck, then Look at where the shot came from.

:thumbsup:

Kis, That sounds like a good plan for the weekend. I wish I could start my season on Monday! I have this terrible thing called work that is constantly getting in my way! 7 to 5, Monday to Friday:mad:. I can usually find an out of the way spot or two to hunt though. Good luck on your duck hunt!

Spent my morning at the vet:(. Ellie's abscess flared up last night. Vet drained it again and prescribed 2 more weeks of antibiotics. If that doesn't work then he's going to open it up and clean it out. Pretty sure she won't be able to make our SD trip in 2.5 weeks. Big bummer! Hope everybody else had a better morning.

Was at Vernon Marsh in Waukesha County this morning. Typical opening day zoo, but my pup (just over a year old Golden) did manage up a rooster.

It wasnt raining here at 9 am but I sat it out. I may hit somewhere close to home tomorrow if I cqn find my hip boots.

Back