One more time

PHEZZYBOY FROID

My group and I are headed back to NE Montana for one last go at the longtails. Dec 11th, wish there were a little snow cover on the ground. Looks like it is going to be a whole lot of educated Roosters in a lot of brown and tan cover. Here's hoping.
This will be our last trip of the year, usually we are closing out the season on the very end of the year. oh well.:):)

Best of luck and send some pictures , I hunted Montana in mid October and experienced snow storm and 20's and at the end of our hunt that week we were sitting on the tailgate eating lunch in the sun and shirt sleeves .

Good luck !!!!

Good luck a lot of birds running around the open prairie, supposed to get snow snow tonight, hopefully get em back in cover.

Snow

Snuck out in the snow for a walk
121215_zpskfcplrdd.jpg

The last hunt, 2015

Four battled harden pheasant vets.
Lots of enthusiasm and confidence
Day 1: Four guns, two very experienced hunting dogs, lots of miles under the boots. 1 Bird. Hi-lite of the day was driving beside some of the protected closed areas just to see birds and seeing a few flocks of several hundred birds (they knew they were in safe zones and they flaunted it like they should)

Day 2: Four guns, two experienced hunting dogs, lots of miles under the boots.....1 Bird. Hi-lite of the day, excellent dog work except these late season birds were really, really experienced. Got into a very long cattail slough and had a 4 man pinch set up......man, these birds were flushing 300 yards out and definitely knew the best escape routes.

Day 3: Four guns, two tired yet very enthusiastic hunting dogs, lots of miles under the boots....8 Birds. Hi-Lite of the day, seeing one of our group members who in the past has hard a tough time getting off shots getting his very first 3 bird daily limit filled. Even though I did not bag a bird on this trip, seeing my pup work and having my buddy get his 1st three bird limit....made my weekend.

And so, the calender starts to tick off the days and months until next years opener.
Weather was unseasonably warm, little to no snow cover and yet Christmas is a mere 11 days away.
Every one have a Merry One.
I will try to post a photo once I learn how to compress it.
:cheers:

Last edited:
Back