Ok, so I shot a Cabela's banded Pheasant

OldHunter

Sunday I shot a banded pheasant at about 6:15 pm. We were about 55 miles from Mitchell, so we were too far away to make it for the 7 pm drawing even if we did notice the band, which we didn't until cleaning the bird later. Called customer service Monday morning and talked to the manager. He said I was too late for the drawing, but could still get a $50 gift certificate and a 50 year anniversay Cabela's book. Unfortunately we were staying about 65 miles from Mitchell and it would probably cost as much or more in gas to get there.

Surfing the internet I found some of the details of the promotion but nothing about the fine print. Supposedly there is still the possiblity of winning the grand prize, but no mention of what it was. Did anybody keep a copy of the flyer, I pitched mine like probably most folks did, but did someone keep a copy? I guess I have a few questions. Thanks

That's what I thought it might be. Normally I wouldn't walk across the street to shoot doves, but I hear there's scads of them. Might be a person could trade it for a duck and goose hunt there, guess thats really something. Have a friend that went to South America to shoot parakeets, shot so much he got a blister on his shoulder. Thanks for the info, we're going back to SD this weekend for another hunt so guess I'll drop the band off then. :thumbsup:

Have you guys ever spoke to anyone that has done one of those hunts??? Some of the best wingshooting they have ever had! Its definitely on my list to do before I die!

To each their own I guess... Anyone I've ever spoke to that has done this has nothing but great things to say about them.

To each their own I guess... Anyone I've ever spoke to that has done this has nothing but great things to say about them.

Yes they have somthing called the 1000 dove club. And we are not talking morning doves, or even Collard doves. The dove down there are much bigger about the size of Pigeon. I'm with Spence on this, It's on my list.

Back