New guy from southern MN

Springer22

Hey guys. Thanks for having me. Been lurking around here for awhile and finally decided to join in. Grew up pheasant hunting with my dad and our great springer, many awesome memories. After about 10 years without a dog I finally got my own springer. This is her first year and we are having fun together. Been hunting lots of public land around the area, not tons of success yet but we will get there. Excited for slug season to be over ( first time I’ve ever said that) and hoping for some cooler temps soon. Next week is looking pretty warm. Excited to keep enjoying others experiences and sharing my own!

Welcome.

I hunted SW MN on Wednesday. You can see my comments on the MN forum. Being local to the area there is no reason you cannot get out a walk a place or two if on a weekday during deer season if you schedule allows.

Welcome.

I hunted SW MN on Wednesday. You can see my comments on the MN forum. Being local to the area there is no reason you cannot get out a walk a place or two if on a weekday during deer season if you schedule allows.
I’m south of the metro. Still about 2-2.5 hours away from the SW where the real good hunting is. Im hoping to get out there soon in maybe a week or two. I have to do more research on the area and try to get some what of a plan.

Went out this morning and tried a new WPA. Dog only flushed a few hens. Did see one deer hunter, but he was across the field.

I'm in scmn also.... I often get questioned.... why drive two hours west and give or take north or south. Because it's better. Simple as that. Not hunted as much as home county. I figure my dog works his ass off for me. The least I can do is give him the best odds I can.... the old buick lesabre just loves purring down 14 at 70!!!! Screw the gas. Make more money.

I used to kill plenty of roosters here:

1699986342687.png

I eventually moved more west.

It is always best to drive less and hunt more in an afternoon.

I used to kill plenty of roosters here:

View attachment 6557

I eventually moved more west.

It is always best to drive less and hunt more in an afternoon.
That’s the stomping ground. Are there more birds in your opinion the farther south you go closer to Iowa? I have a spot i am excited to get to next Friday back around home. Real small little private piece next to large public. I remember when the land right along along got added on. I don’t think anyone knew it was public yet, got stopped by warden once there and he didn’t even know, he asked me who owned it. I had some inside Intel. Shot lots of birds out of there.

Hey guys. Thanks for having me. Been lurking around here for awhile and finally decided to join in. Grew up pheasant hunting with my dad and our great springer, many awesome memories. After about 10 years without a dog I finally got my own springer. This is her first year and we are having fun together. Been hunting lots of public land around the area, not tons of success yet but we will get there. Excited for slug season to be over ( first time I’ve ever said that) and hoping for some cooler temps soon. Next week is looking pretty warm. Excited to keep enjoying others experiences and sharing my own!
New guy also. Found this site two days ago joined right away you are my people of my life long passion of pheasant hunting. Got my first springer for Christmas in 11th grade best Christmas ever. Know on my seventh springer and love of the hunt and training of my dogs has only gotten stronger. Live in south end of twin cities all my life. Hunted in Mn sd nd Iowa one year. Nd is my favorite. You can find good hunting with a few less birds but have it almost to your self. Thanks to who ever started this forum

Back