New from Northern Cali

Uplander Steve

I just learned from joining this forum that I need to travel out of Cali for some true upland hunting, especially if I want to hunt wild pheasants. I do all my upland hunting with a .410 o/u and have learned and enjoyed every moment in God’s country. Looking forward to many more adventures. Safe hunting everyone.

I just learned from joining this forum that I need to travel out of Cali for some true upland hunting, especially if I want to hunt wild pheasants. I do all my upland hunting with a .410 o/u and have learned and enjoyed every moment in God’s country. Looking forward to many more adventures. Safe hunting everyone.

might need a bit heavier medicine to knock down the pheasants....welcome.

Welcome aboard Steve. Have dogs?

Thanks! Unfortunately, I don’t own a bird dog, yet, but I sometimes hunt with family and friends who own bird dogs. Since moving to northern Cali two years ago, I now hunt solo or with my two daughters and rely on a little luck to bump into game animals and upland birds. I don’t hunt to fill the freezer so anything I bag is a bonus.

might need a bit heavier medicine to knock down the pheasants....welcome.

Thanks! I own a 20ga o/u too, but for the past two years I haven’t felt the need to switch back, atleast not yet. I have yet to experience true wild pheasants, but the pheasants I hunt at the preserves definitely doesn’t require anything bigger.

Last edited:
Back