New A5 Stalker - Comments? Like?

jonnyB

Considering buying another gun - Browning A5, the new humpback introduced a year or so ago.

Anyone have experience with this gun? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have not personally shot the new one, but from what I have read and heard from people who have is that it is unpleasant on the shoulder, the new DS chokes are missed marked, and the trigger is terrible. Having owned (4) Browning autos ( Gold, Silver, Maxus, and SX3) I can attest to there horrible triggers. Until the last two, I never gave it much thought until late season when wearing gloves and it cost me a few birds. When you spend over a $1000 I expect better quality IMHO.

JLP - thanks for the input. This info is similar to the review done by Wakeman. He didn't like the triggers either. Wonder if Bng. has corrected this problem. I typically don't shoot anything beyond 1-1/8 so the recoil may not be an issue. Thanks again!

If you are looking for an inertia gun, I would look at the Franchi Affinity. It has a great trigger, good weight, not to heavy or light, and the recoil spring is in the forearm instead of the butt stock making it very accessible. Add the shim kit and 7 year warranty for around $800 and it is probably the best deal out there in autoloaders.

Back