Need Trainer for a Brittany

Dakotazeb

I'm in South Dakota and was wondering if anyone knew a trainer within maybe 300 miles of me that works with Brittanys. While my 1 year old pup is retrieving to some degree I would like someone to put her through a "trained retrieve" program to firm up her retrieve in the off season. I want a gentle hand and someone experienced with Brittanys. Any ideas?

There is one i know, Andy Schoeberl www,highcaliberlabradors.com

Thanks for the reference, and no offense intended, but do not want a Lab trainer working with my Brittany. Britts need a very soft approach and I'm afraid that someone use to training Labs could take too hard of an approach.

I've decided to try it myself. I'm in the process of reading several different programs. They are all similar but do have some differences in the methods. I just need to pick the one that I think will work best for me and my dog.

i dont have a britt. but i know of a couple people that do and couldnt be more happy with. his name is steve chang and he is in colorado i know a far drive from you. but if you do any kind of research or find someone that has dealt with steve, nothing but good. i think someone on here has some of his dogs??????? www.godfathergundogs.com is specality is brittanys check him out

i dont have a britt. but i know of a couple people that do and couldnt be more happy with. his name is steve chang and he is in colorado i know a far drive from you. but if you do any kind of research or find someone that has dealt with steve, nothing but good. i think someone on here has some of his dogs??????? www.godfathergundogs.com is specality is brittanys check him out

Hey, small world. I know Steve, as that is where my 1 year old female came from. Great guy and he has some great dogs. Anyone wanting a top quality Brittany could not go wrong getting a pup from Steve. He also has some started dogs on occassion. Brady and Annie are my dogs parents.

I've talked to Steve about my pup and he is more than willing to do the training. If I don't do it myself I may very well get her back to Steve. I was just asking if there was someone else closer to me that would be as good.

Back