Need Hunting Partner for SD. Any takers?

lmountjo

Hey everyone. Looking to come back to SD for one last trip this year. Driving in from Ohio. Wondering if anyone in route from Ohio, (Indiana, Illinoise,Iowa, Wisconsin, Minn., etc-flexible travel plan), might be interested in hooking up and spllitting some of the cost. I am somewhat flexible on the dates. I was out near Chamberlain last week and have lodging, hunting land, dogs, and all provisions set up for a really cheap price. Saw several hundred birds in my 4-day hunt last trip.

Or, I am open to hunting public land if someone just wants to do that.

Just looking to get in one final trip before 2009-2010 season is over. Being able to cut costs with other ethical like minded hunters will make that possible. If interested, please send me a message and I will call you. Anyone local in SD, I am open to meeting up for some great hunting.

Thanks for your consideration.

Might be interested...what is your timing? And what is considered a "cheap price" for permission to hunt?
Thanks,

Jon

Two of us (with 2 dogs) are looking to hunt the last few days of the season. Would that work? We would be coming from Wisconsin.

Also what has everyone heard re: an increase in the possession or bag limits?

Two of us (with 2 dogs) are looking to hunt the last few days of the season. Would that work? We would be coming from Wisconsin.

Also what has everyone heard re: an increase in the possession or bag limits?

daily and posession limits did not change - still at 3 daily

iowa labs

i am going 2 sd dec 7-11 if this works 4 any 1 . i live in central ia. we use 2 have birds but getting few n far between. i am new 2 the site and don't know many ppl.:cheers:

Uguide has weeks 11 and 12 available (Dec 20-26, Dec 27-Jan 2, 2011)

U Guide just opened up two more weeks at its West River and Wolf Creek pheasant camps in South Dakota. The minimum number is six hunters but there is lodging for at least ten which would only cost us $415 each for four nights of lodging and three days of hunting if I read their website correctly. I do not have any dogs but am available for both weeks. I have hunted in Colorado but not in South Dakota before. I am fifty four years old and love to hunt pheasants. Is anyone interested in going in together to rent one of these camps?

i'm still offering sd hunt dec 7-11 public land is free 2 hunt. i was just there 11/19-11/23 we could have had our limit every day if we hit everything we shot at. most hotels r cheap if u split the cost 2-3 ways.

Question: What part of SD do you hunt? And is all the hunting on public land? Where did you stay? What was the motel cost?

Jon

approx cost from central ia. 115.00 sd lis 1/2 fuel 200.00 prob 30.00 per night ur 1/2 hotel. 3 people is almost perfect really makes things cheaper. then what u eat is up 2 u. this is a 5 day hunt.

i an going 2 sd dec7-11 i live in central ia. my trk f350 cc 4/4 long box w topper. public land i know alot of the area i've been 2 sd a few times . if i had 2 other ppl u split fuel n rooms 3 ways. i can put u on birds.:cheers:

Back