Modifications to aluminum two hole box opinion

Kaiser

To start with not selling anything since I’m not a sponsor just looking for opinions.
Before Last season I was looking for a better fan then the little blue POS one from Amazon I would hang on my dogs ruff tuff kennel. I looked at RF one then wanted one that didn’t cost a arm and a leg.
I ended up making one to mount to ruff ruff kennels worked great. Made some for friends and made some for breeders and trainers etc. with direct power to battery and some of them went to cig lighters.
On to now, a friend who is a dog breeder and trainer has a new cross bed two hole dog box with top storage that was left at his place and he said if I have a use for it take it. So I’m going to grab it next time I’m up there. I know nothing about these dog boxes but have read they can get hot in hot weather. My question is for anyone who runs this set up or has experience with them. would fans be advantageous in the boxes? I have set my fan up in a double doored ruff tuff and in made a hell of a wind tunnel. My plan was to cut in and weld in (welder by trade) a vent in rear of hole. Attach these fans to the hole doors. Put the on/off switches inside the top storage and pig tail it out the box. Not sure if I will use the cross box set up or stick with ruff tuff and a camper shell set up I use now. Either way I’m gunna do this little project, it’s something for me to mess with in off season. Thank you in advance for opinions.

Back