midwest vizsla owners

boombaby

hello all! ill keep this short and simple, looking into getting vizsla soon and would like to know where any of you got your pup from. just trying to get some more ideas..i am looking into Rozanek, and lundy who are both very good however i would like to know of any breeders that any of you guys know of or have had first hand experience with.

hello all! ill keep this short and simple, looking into getting vizsla soon and would like to know where any of you got your pup from. just trying to get some more ideas..i am looking into Rozanek, and lundy who are both very good however i would like to know of any breeders that any of you guys know of or have had first hand experience with.

I hunted behind some good Vizslas last season, but they were all adopted/rescue dogs. A member of the site sees/has access to quite a few from what I understand. PM me if you'd like his contact info.

i got a very nice wirehaired vizsla out of Konza Vadaz kennels in Assaria, KS.

Lazlo who frequents this site has smooth coats and could help you too.

I do foster dogs for rescue and compete with mine in field trials. KB hunted behind mine last season, but they are all mine, that I bought and raised as pups.

There are a handful of names I would go to. Lundy, Ochs, Fidler, Cooper are all guys I'd go to. Mine are from Ochs and Lundy and Fidler. The female that I have from Fidler, I cannot be more excited about. She is a freak of nature.

PM me and I'll give you my phone number and we can discuss some up coming litters that I know about that should throw some TOP NOTCH pups.

I'm fostering a little female mix right now that has a great looking point...

More Vizsla

I have a 3 year old female Vizsla from Rozaneks. Solid hunting dog with a great personality.

Just got a male pup this summer from the Busches near Chicago. The pup is from some strong field trial lines. The Busches are very good people who have been raising and working Vizslas for decades.

Mention the Busches or Rozanek around Vizsla people and everyone knows their dogs. Both have bred Hall of Fame dogs. Highly recommend either.

Generous offer by V-John there. I'd take him up on it!

Another line I have always heard good things about--though it might be getting a bit dated--is Rebel Rouser.

Generous offer by V-John there. I'd take him up on it!

Another line I have always heard good things about--though it might be getting a bit dated--is Rebel Rouser.

Rebel Rouser is Rozanek's line,

I am in OH, know a few breeders, but you would be better off in NE, KS, plus the price is about $200 more the farther east you go.

The guys V-John mentioned are reputable, and have good dogs.

John is very modest, his dogs are top notch, and hold their own in AF trials.

Barna

You can't go wrong with a pup from Hank Roz. or Jim Bush. I know him personally. All you can do is get a pup from a good blood line and develop it anyway. They don't come out of the box spit & polished. You get out of them what you put into them. Those Vizsla's are on the pricey side though. Good luck. Go look at a litter stir them up and pick one out. If you put in the time it will turn out nice.

Well ----

Rebel Rouser lines have been kinda the Gold Standard for hunting pedigrees in the Vizsla breed for decades. Hank and Betty have produced, by my count, no less than 7 (seven) Dual Champions dogs.

Add in all the other titles, Champions, Field Champions, and Hall of Fame Dogs from their kennel, and the "Rebel Rouser" in the front of a dogs name implies quality.

And then you can add in the fact that Hank and Betty are just good people producing good dogs.

Many of todays best lines come with a Rebel Rouser background.

Back