Looking for any Montana hunting ideas

TABLEROCK

Hey guys just need some new ideas for this fall. Seeing that my normal hunting areas in north east MT. got slammed last winter. Im wondering if any areas in MT. are still left worth making the drive from Twin Cities in MN. Ill hunt any upland game bird not just pheasant. Just wondering if pheasant, sharptail or Huns in any areas survived better than the ones in N.E. MT.:confused:

The Montana F, W, Parks doesnt put as much time or money into bird surveys here, so reliable information is hard to get. Reports are very sporadic from friends make it sound light, and late hatchs in the central part of the state as well?

With fuel nearing $4/gallon and the entire state of MT hit with a cold wet Spring- One has to question the practical side. Don't get your expectations too high for any good upland hunting in MT. Hate to sound negative, but I'm trying to be honest.

All confused on were to go

I'm just searching for anything that will help me determine were I should go. All my usual hunting spots in M.T., S.D and M.N.are all way down also. It just might be a year of trying to find future hunting land in new areas I have yet to discover myself. Might just do alot more driving and less hunting. Im so disapointed in the overall picture in all states. Might just have to hunt ruff grouse at home more.:confused:

Hunting the Highline Region

Hello new to this site. Try to capture some info for a future trip.
I will be venturing out to the Havre / Chinook area the latter part of Oct. What prospects can I anticipate. I have access to quite a bit of property south of these two towns. Wondering what I can plan on? Trying to find a dialogue that can reap me some info.

Winter, Spring weather they say wasn't as bad in that area. If the land you have access to has good Winter and nesting cover. I think you will do OK.

2011 Pheasants Forever Forecast

As for NE Montana, looking like a lot of nice fall days with wild open space and peace & quiet (not many shotgun blasts to disturb the air):rolleyes:

The SE and SW faired a little better.

Hunting Opportunities

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to post some results after we return. Looking forward to the hunting.

Back