looking for a wirehaired pointing griffon

How far is a driving distance? There are some good breeders in MN as well as Wisconsin. If you wanted to look you can check here as they have a list of breeders in the US and Canada.

http://awpga.com/

If looking for specifics, drop me a note

Do you know who is currently breeding the best dogs in the midwest?

peter, I know a guy in Oregon that is into Griffs and is on the VersatileDogs.com web site a lot. If you do go on that site his handle is "orhunter". I think he got his last dog from a breeder in Wisconsin. I have emailed him to get the names of some good breeders of field Griffs in your area. I'll PM you if I get some good info.

peter, I know a guy in Oregon that is into Griffs and is on the VersatileDogs.com web site a lot. If you do go on that site his handle is "orhunter". I think he got his last dog from a breeder in Wisconsin. I have emailed him to get the names of some good breeders of field Griffs in your area. I'll PM you if I get some good info.

Thanks a ton Dakotazeb:)

I know that Bill Jensen from milaca has been breeding some really good griffs for some time. The guy I got mine from in Iowa has been out of it for awhile but had talked about getting back into it. i will check and see if he has any thoughts. I will look at some of my past contacts in Wisconsin to see if they have any thoguhts. I would also look at the NAVHDA site. It seems that more griff breeders are registering there rather than AKC.

I live in mn and would prefer a breeder that would be driving distance. but most importantly i want a quality dog.
If your used to a lab,s "double" coat you may be disapointed with a wirehaired " single" coat. If you hunt wild birds and want a "single coat" I would check out PP at Cedarwood kennels In Idaho. If you perfer a pointer with a double coat www.wesslpointer.com

Griffons have a double coat not a single coat. The outer coat is harsh and wiry with an undercoat that is a fine thick down. :)

Finished dog

How much are you looking to spend? The breeder I got my dog from has a very nice finished dog.

6R Upland Kennels

You can see pictures of (Gus) the dog on gundogbreeders.com then click on iowa and then on 6R Upland Kennels

How much are you looking to spend? The breeder I got my dog from has a very nice finished dog.

6R Upland Kennels

You can see pictures of (Gus) the dog on gundogbreeders.com then click on iowa and then on 6R Upland Kennels

Madison, Gus is a German Wirehaired Pointer. The guy is looking for a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon. Just wanted clarify that.

Have you found your pup yet? Here's a breeder with some good Griffs that is not too far from you. I'd certainly check him out before making a final decision.

http://www.aspenglokennel.com/

Back