Looking for 28g sxs

Diehardpheasant

I am thinking of getting a 28g SxS but I would like to keep it at 1K or under. Open to new or used. Any recommendations. I would prefer a single trigger and no double full choke.

I'd suggest looking at the CZ ringneck or sharptail in 28 gauge. price is inline with your desires and these guns are pretty decent, for the money. If you have any trouble with them, Mark DeHaan up in Boise used to import these prior to CZ taking over the importing and he can fix them.

I have a 28ga Ringneck and I love it. Pretty decent gun for the money (I think I fair $750 otd) and I've never had a problem with it. Its killed roosters in CA, SD, and MT.

Hi, looks like a Ringneck would fit the bill as the others have said. These maybe of interest:

http://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...8-ga-28-quot-choke-tubes.cfm?gun_id=100732438

John is a good guy to deal with, upfront and honest. This price is darn good for a new one.

A used one on GB for around the same price:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/575035254

The only beef many have about the CZ offerings are the heavy trigger pulls. But, if the gun is bought new, the Warranty will cover lighting them up. They are fast and won't cost you a dime.

Here's another, decent gun on par with the Ringneck:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/574432457

Good Luck!

Greg

Last edited:
Appreciate the input on the CZ Ringneck. I will look into it. I had a redhead that shot awful for me. It was my fit/shooting not the gun and ended up going to a Silver Pigeon for my 20g with no regrets. I bought a Tristar Viper in 28 last year and surprised it worked fine on PA released birds. Thus why I now want a 28 in sxs if for nothing else grouse. I just don't feel right walking the aspen and poplar with a semi. Yes I know I can take the beretta but it gives me an excuse for another shotgun.

The current CZ-USA model you are looking for is the Sharptail #06405 28ga with 28in barrels. It has mechanical triggers with selectable barrels and come with 5 chokes.
MSRP is 1229.00 buy you will find it for under that price. That said it is warrantied for 5 years, and all service is done in Kansas City at the CZ USA HQ. All shipping is paid by CZ should an issue arise. Please let me know if you have any question or need to locate that gun.

Thanks,
Rich W. aka Kick Them Up!
CZ-USA N.E, S.E, and Program Sales Manager

Last edited:
Hi, looks like a Ringneck would fit the bill as the others have said. These maybe of interest:

http://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...8-ga-28-quot-choke-tubes.cfm?gun_id=100732438

John is a good guy to deal with, upfront and honest. This price is darn good for a new one.

A used one on GB for around the same price:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/575035254

The only beef many have about the CZ offerings are the heavy trigger pulls. But, if the gun is bought new, the Warranty will cover lighting them up. They are fast and won't cost you a dime.

Here's another, decent gun on par with the Ringneck:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/574432457

Good Luck!

Greg

FYI the trigger pull issue was mainly with the Ringneck model. The Sharptail has independent free floating pins with new coil springs that has improved the trigger pull over the leaf spring in the Ringneck. :cheers:

Kick Them Up

Doubleshotguns.com has a Dehaan SO 28ga for $550. It is my understanding that Dehaan imported guns from Huglu also. fyi.

FYI the trigger pull issue was mainly with the Ringneck model. The Sharptail has independent free floating pins with new coil springs that has improved the trigger pull over the leaf spring in the Ringneck. :cheers:

Kick Them Up

Thanks for the info, I'm not familiar with the Sharptail's. I do kind of wish they kept the PoW grip rather than the PG. But, that's just me.

Best,

Greg

Thanks for the info, I'm not familiar with the Sharptail's. I do kind of wish they kept the PoW grip rather than the PG. But, that's just me.

Best,

Greg

I will pass that along to our shotgun production and design team. Please let me know if you need further help.

Thanks,
Kick'em Up!

I have the bobwhite bought new I can't even shoot it trigger pull is over 10 lbs. I don't understand how these come out of the factory like that. Going to send it to dehann to work on it.

I have the bobwhite bought new I can't even shoot it trigger pull is over 10 lbs. I don't understand how these come out of the factory like that. Going to send it to dehann to work on it.

Hey buggy, before you spend any $$, send the gun into the CZ Warranty Center (check their web site for details). They pay shipping both ways and will be able to lighten the pulls.

I had a 28ga Bobwhite, that I sent in to have the triggers done. They did a great job, plus they went over the gun from top to bottom and fixed anything they found wrong. The turn around time was about 12 days (that's including shipping time). Didn't cost me a dime.

I will say that CZ does back up their products/imports and the servive is darn good IMO.

Good Luck!!

Greg

The current CZ-USA model you are looking for is the Sharptail #06405 28ga with 28in barrels. It has mechanical triggers with selectable barrels and come with 5 chokes.
MSRP is 1229.00 buy you will find it for under that price. That said it is warrantied for 5 years, and all service is done in Kansas City at the CZ USA HQ. All shipping is paid by CZ should an issue arise. Please let me know if you have any question or need to locate that gun.

Thanks,
Rich W. aka Kick Them Up!
CZ-USA N.E, S.E, and Program Sales Manager

This is the gun I have been looking at. The Sharptail in 28 gauge. Where can I go in the mid missouri area to actually put my hands on one to see if its a fit for me? Is there a dealer around? Online KC looked like the closest. Do any of the cz guns have interchangable barrels?

This is the gun I have been looking at. The Sharptail in 28 gauge. Where can I go in the mid missouri area to actually put my hands on one to see if its a fit for me? Is there a dealer around? Online KC looked like the closest. Do any of the cz guns have interchangable barrels?

PM your location so we can figure out how to get one in your hands to check fit.

Thanks,

Kick Them Up!

PM your location so we can figure out how to get one in your hands to check fit.

Thanks,

Kick Them Up!

Actually the CZ USA demo trailer will be located at Powder Creek in Lenexa KS this Saturday the 11th as part of a Veteran's benefit shoot. That would be the best place to try out a gun and to see what we offer. Plus the donation go to a great cause.:cheers:

I may even be there in the later afternoon after the boys ball game's, if I cant plant food plots. :D

Back