Lets See Your Dogs..post some pic's

View attachment 9132View attachment 9133View attachment 9134My 11 year old Chocolate Lab Cash. These pics are pretty old. He is now retired with hip dysplasia. Got him from the pound when he was about a year old. Turned into a great river dog and pheasant dog. Probably could have been a great hunting dog with the right trainer. He is my first dog. The other dog is my 8 year old female named June. She does not hunt. Just a good old family dog.

Last edited:
We have her allergy issues under control. Still requiring a Cytopoint injection every 2-3 months. I'm going to try giving her some Hemp/CBD Oil and see how that works.

Robert: Nice photo of your new dog. Have a question - I assume the long black rod is an antenna arrangement...does he range great distances, hence the need for a special antenna? Have not seen that type of collar on other dogs...doesn't it get tangled in the brush?

Thanks.

The boy has wheels. He hunts likes to be 300-400yds out in open cover. It also helps you find a dog on point much easier.

Never had a problem with it snagging, Lady has been wearing it for two years.

Robert: Nice photo of your new dog. Have a question - I assume the long black rod is an antenna arrangement...does he range great distances, hence the need for a special antenna? Have not seen that type of collar on other dogs...doesn't it get tangled in the brush?

Thanks.

Jon, that's the antenna for a Garmin GPS collar like the Astro or Alpha. I have the Alpha and the antenna is not a problem. It's pretty whippy. Doesn't get tangled or bother the dog.

Not sure my dogs have hunted without the Garmin collar in the past 4+ years. It is like casing a gun ... when they see me grab the collars they are sitting by the door waiting to go hunting. Some days they lose it and start bouncing around the room ... collars mean one thing ... fun.

They do not bother the dog nor do they ever get caught up in anything.

I have a GWP also with short hair. Both parents are papered and were on site when I picked Pieper up. I don't know why either. She is a great dog and that is all that matters to me.

Myself with the Butt Sisters and Harley, opening weekend this year on the Cannonball River in western ND, a few miles from my farmstead. Left to right as you are looking at us is Boogie (Warrior Princess Born To Boogie), Harley (Northern Prairie's X Marks The Spot), Jetta (Rowdy Girl's Dakota Blackheart) and the 14 year old Queen, Betty (Sidney Anne's Black Betty)...

Back