Late Season

FLDBRED

In a few more days the "Late" season will begin. There are still a lot of birds out there, the last day of the early season we flushed a good number and the cover was excellent. Can't wait!

Welcome to the site ! I think you'll enjoy it here, the Moderators keep a handle on things and don't allow the nonsense that goes on some of the other Sites. It's always great to see young hunters joining the ranks! :thumbsup:
We have property and a camp in Bradford County but hunt almost every corner of the State .
Would love to see a picture of your hunting companion . Again welcome to the site, sit back and read through some of the old Posts !
Monday can't get here soon enough !

Well I was a little surprised but by no means disappointed . We hunted some very good cover that had hold over pheasants writen all over it, but we had no bird contacts at all. I think that's the first time all season. Still was a good day to get out with Chipper .

Made it out on Tuesday for a little and moved four roosters but no shots taken. The birds are more of a challenge this time of year.

They sure are ! I hope to get back out soon, love this time of year and it's a long wait till next year!

Even though it was raining it was good to get back out this morning. The birds are out there but they sure are elusive . Hollowwatcher suggested I hunt a field from a different angle where birds had eluded us a couple of times earlier. It paid off nicely, Chipper and I ambushed this guy ! It's been a great season!
102_0426 by FLDBRED,

Last edited:
Well Chipper did his job today, unfortunately I didn't do mine ! He worked a smart long tail Rooster for minutes and got him to flush within gun range . I was just taking my glove off at that very minute and tried a hurried shot and missed. He gave me the look the rest of the morning !
102_0428 by FLDBRED, on Flickr

Jan-Feb 28th

Anyone still chasing those singles this time of year? Up in Warren county... really no one still out but me, it seems.

Also, any information on Crawford county GLs?

Anyone still chasing those singles this time of year? Up in Warren county... really no one still out but me, it seems.

Also, any information on Crawford county GLs?

We still run the dogs, but have put away the guns for the most part!

We've been trying to access and verify a wild pheasant population on one of three islands . The weather hasn't cooperated , the river has been running way too high for wading and there is no place close enough to launch any sort of watercraft. Frustrating because it's a good driving distance !

Back