Kent Upland Bismuth

mgorvi

Just a heads up that Impact Guns has Kent Upland Bismuth in 16 gauge, as well as 20&12 ga. in stock. They come 25 to a box and run about 32-33 bucks. I think it’s the same shell as the smaller blue boxes of 10, only packaged 25 per box and a nice pheasant scene on the box. I bought a box of 20 and 16 because the Federal Heavyweight that I usually shoot is pretty hard on the wallet.

When I search Cabelas I don't see that load in 16ga anymore. Don't know why. I got a Cabelas a mile from my house and they used to stock all of it on the shelf but now there's nothing, and I only see 12 ga. on the website. Maybe I'm not searching correctly. That happened before when there was 16 ga Herters cases of dove/trap load but unless you searched it out the right way it wasn't there. Dakota Zeb clued me into that deal and how to find it.

When I search Cabelas I don't see that load in 16ga anymore. Don't know why. I got a Cabelas a mile from my house and they used to stock all of it on the shelf but now there's nothing, and I only see 12 ga. on the website. Maybe I'm not searching correctly. That happened before when there was 16 ga Herters cases of dove/trap load but unless you searched it out the right way it wasn't there. Dakota Zeb clued me into that deal and how to find it.

On the Cabela's site, search Kent Upland. Results are either per box or per case. Looks like 16 ga would be on backorder.

Very creative idea by Kent, they have changed several things about Bismuth.

they have dramatically improved the shot , it is now fully round, so fly's better these days, it is also less breakable due to new alloys they have found.

IN addition, they now have 2 packages a " HOTTER load for waterfowl, the Upland version is app. 100 fps slower, less recoil felt.
the bottom line they NOW package all Bismuth in packs of 25, yes more expensive than their steel loads. But a LOT of BANG for the Buck!!! It seems they have upped the ante?

View attachment 8632

Shot 2 limits of roosters on public lands used Bismuth #5 and Bismuth #4 yardage’s from 25 to 45yds very pleased with the results 5 of the 6 where dead in the air the other gave a short 5 yd chase by my Britt .

The store I was in had only the waterfowl loads so i picked up a box of 3" for some reason i went with the #2 shot. I am sure they are not as dense as lead. I don't do much for non-toxic hunts but they were impressive on the hunt that I went on. 3 shots killed 3 birds good and dead. They weren't close shots but they weren't real long either. So far i am satisfied with them.

The store I was in had only the waterfowl loads so i picked up a box of 3" for some reason i went with the #2 shot. I am sure they are not as dense as lead. I don't do much for non-toxic hunts but they were impressive on the hunt that I went on. 3 shots killed 3 birds good and dead. They weren't close shots but they weren't real long either. So far i am satisfied with them.

I use Hevishot Duck 3" especially for late season pheasants. They are exceptional and drop them stone dead

Back